Gauge Nextel Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
We have :
N_Gauger ---------------- (2 Rusty Wallace)
CarlFidy ------------------ ( 6 Mark Martin)
YakkoWarner ------------ ( 20 Tony Stewart)
and eightyeightfan1 ---- (88 Dale Jarrett)
rksstl ---------------------- ( 8 Dale earnhardt Jr.)
dwight77 ----------------- (12 Ryan Newman)

dwight77

N Gaauger...what is involved?.....any money?...just pride?....a new decoder????
I have a favorite driver that hasn't been picked.
Dwight77

N Gauger

dwight77 said:
N Gaauger...what is involved?.....any money?...just pride?....a new decoder????
I have a favorite driver that hasn't been picked.
Dwight77

It's free & No prizes - just braging rights.. You chooe 4 drivers to keep all year & then choose 3 to race - & you can switch them around if you want too :)

dwight77

N Gauger: My first pick would be #12, Ryan Newman. Do you do a reverse pick for the next set of drivers?.....can more than one person have the same driver?....just a little more info needed please.
Dwight77

N Gauger

Only one prson per driver.... it's an auction:

Here are "our Rules:

The Reserved drivers are above

I'll PM you all (Like this one) and tell you what drivers we all have.. DO NOT put money down on any of the orther people's chosen drivers.

We all get 100.00 Fantasy Money.. Put $2 - $5 on YOUR Driver & then bid like heck on any other driver NOT on the above list.

This makes it a sure thing, that we all get our favorite drivers Then it's open season an all the others..

Ex... If No One else wants J. Gordon.. Rich will put $2.00 on 24 Then pick 3 other drivers (he might pick Sadler too

When the auction ends.. his $2.00 wins JG and the other $98 wins whatever 3 other drivers he picks.... Got It????

I'll be putting 2 - 5 on Rusty - Ed (88fan) will be putting the same on Jarrett.... but we bid on the other drivers as we want.. if you really want a driver - bid high - just in case someone else wants him too (I did that last year) You will have $95 to $98 to put on the other drivers you want...

If anyone needs help, PM me & I'l help you

-------------------

Now, after that's all done, you will need to go back to the original link, but now, there will be a completed view of all of us.. .

On the first page - you can pick "Three" drivers out of your 4 - to race every week... This is the neat part.. You have to decide who to sit out every week... That's the game.. Guessing who will score the most points every week... you get whatever "Nextel Cup" points they all get that week. If you want to - you can let it ride from week to week...

If any of your drivers break that week, you get whatever "lousy" points he gets for going out early Object of the game - to get the most points week to week..... ---- Bragging Rights I was actually in the lead for 3 weeks last year heheheheh

Also you can use the links on the right side of that page, to see "League View". and schedules too

dwight77

I feel like the village idiot. If I get in, and I pick Ryan Newman, then I bid on the other drivers I want on my team???....Or I bid funny money to develop my team???....
If everyone gets their favorite driver and there are six listed, what is the next step????
Sorry to be such a pain.....
Dwight77

N Gauger

dwight77 said:
I feel like the village idiot. If I get in, and I pick Ryan Newman, then I bid on the other drivers I want on my team???....Or I bid funny money to develop my team???....
If everyone gets their favorite driver and there are six listed, what is the next step????
Sorry to be such a pain.....
Dwight77

:D :D Shoot.. you're "quicker" than I am :) Took me a bunch of time the first year we did this :)

You get $100.00 of fantasy money - You bid $2 on Newman

You bid "auction" the other $98.00 on any other 3 or 4 drivers you might want......

You end up with Newman + 3 other drivers... That's your team..

4 drivers - but you can only have 3 activated any week. :)

You have to decide each week which 3 you want to have race....

~~~ and that's how we go..... :D :D

dwight77

OK N Gauger: So lets suppose I bid $2 on Newman, then $25 on Gordon, $25 on Busch, $24 on Labonti, and $24 on Harvick. What happens next????????
Dwight77

N Gauger

Then the auction starts - when it's over - whoever bid the most on any one driver - gets that driver. If noone else bids on those drivers - you get them :)

If some one bids even $1 dollar more on one of your drivers - they get him & you get a random driver. That's why I say to bid on 4 other drivers :)

dwight77

OK N Gauger: We (at least I am) making progress here, I think. So lets take the worst case scenario for me. I bid as stated: $2 on Newman, $25 on Gordon, $25 on Busch, $24 on Labonti, and $24 on Harvick. And amongst the other five bidders, someone outbids me on each driver, i.e. $3 on Newman, $26 on Gordon, $26 on Busch, $25 on Labonti, and $25 on Harvick. Do I then go into the race that weekend with four random drivers? Or do I get to keep Newman since he is my reserved driver and then have three random drivers. How are the random drivers assigned?????
Dwight77

N Gauger

:) The random Drivers are assigned by the computer.. - I have no more info than that..

But you would keep Newman - since none of the other 5 of us would place a bid on him. That's why I post the list - so we know which of the other drivers are reserved.

So you would end up with Newman & 3 other computer pics.. but being there are 30+ drivers & 6 of us - that isn't likely :)

you only have to bid on your drivers at the start of the season. Once the initial driver auction is over, any driver changes come from the "free agent" pool. I have used this option extensively in the past two years resulting in two dead last finishes in the fantasy cup.

If you choose not to actively participate after the first few races, your team will continue without any further time commitment on your part.

dwight77

I think I have an idea of how it works.....probably gets easier after the first race or two. I am game to give it a try and can I select Ryan Newman as my driver?
Dwight77

dwight77

N Gauger: I am sorry - I thought my last post when I said "I was game to give it a try and use Ryan Newman as my driver" was all you needed. But, Yes! I would like to play.
Dwight77

N Gauger

LOL I was so busy explaining the question _ I missed that LOL
Cool!!!!
I'll add you in Sunday afternoon & PM everyone :)

Good Luck & Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.