Gauge "N" Boxcar TGR#101976

C

Catt

TGR 101976 arrived in the South Bend,In. GVR yard at 2am today and was imediaitly placed in north bound U25 B' 3020's concist headed for LisaDee Mi. and the MatTruck plant.

leaving.jpg

The planned arrival time was set at 10:am for imediate delivery to the Mat plant.

mattruk2.jpg

As soon as TGR 101976 could be unloaded she was pressed into service making another rush delivery for the GVR.

mattruk1.jpg

C

Catt

AC Models another important customer of the GVR was facing a critical shortage of both MLF1 and LMP136.These are the fine grade pewter metals that AC use for casting their excelent line of N scale inter-modal and flat cars.

l
acmodelb.jpg

After this stop the car was sent to Templar's Timber for a load of high qaulity lumber for Andrew's Building Supply Company.The car will return to AC Models for a shipment of their kits and ready builts and a case of Kentucky's finest :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by eightyeightfan1
Excellent Pics!
Just PMed you with the next address.
Look out EZ...its coming your way!
Got a load that needs to go somewhere, plus I have a place for what's left of that fine Kentucky stuff;) ;)

I'm waiting......

Don

C

Catt

Don,I will be shipping the car your way on monday afternoon as soon as I get home from work.

C

Catt

Contact eightyeightfan1 for the info.By the way Don there may be a slight delay in shipping as I have to see my insurance agent monday on the house.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Catt,

That's understandable. Just PM me when it goes out so I can start looking for it. I'm sure that when you saw the fire, the first thing that went through your mind after "where's the rest of the family?", was, "save the Gauge car":D :D :D

Good luck, I hope your damage wasn't too extensive and that the insurance company doesn't try to screw you as they sometime do.

Don

C

Catt

This pic shows most of the damage to my house

house.jpg

The window to the far right has cracks in both pieces of glass from the heat.

You can also see some of the damage to my garage.Threr are two trees along side of the garage,both were on fire.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
That had to be hot, you're lucky it didn't combust. Best of luck in getting things fixed, and tell your neighbor that we're all glad they're safe too and hope for a fast recovery for them as well.

Don

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
TGR 101976 spotted in Arizona

Yes, TGR 101976 from Grand Rapids, arrived in Wickenberg, Arizona on schedule and was immediately placed on GCR 6880's consist that is bringing much needed aid to the town of Santa Maria. Because if the seriousness of the situation in Santa Maria, there were no cameras or fanfare to greet the car in Wickenburg, but its arrival was much anticipated. We are assured that there is ample press already in Santa Maria covering the recent events that took place there and we will assign a photographer to document it all.

Please, keep tuned for more details on this breaking story.

Don Day,
Information officer for the Canyon State RR

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
First shot on the GCRR

These are the first shots, hot from the developing lab.;)

This is a test, if these come out OK, there will be more forthcoming. If they don't show up well, them you won't see this because I'm gunna delete them if I can and try again.:D :D :D :D

Don

Well, I tried to delete this post, but it won't let me. :rolleyes: I wasn't happy with the pictures so I just deleted them. If anyone knows why I can't delete a post, let me know. I am logged in, and it is the last post in the thread.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
OK, let's try again

First shot of The Gauge 101976 on the Canyon State RR in a consist With GCR 101416 heading towards the ravaged Village of Santa Maria.

Attachments

• gauge inbound.jpg
    gauge inbound.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 129

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
The consist unloads its precious cargo of
aid for the needy citizens of the village.
Some of the destruction can be seen from
this shot. It appears that the main highway has been cut off, And that the streets and sidewalks in town are no longer there. Most of the dirt has an eerie blue cast:rolleyes:

Attachments

• gauge unload wide.jpg
    gauge unload wide.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 128

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Here is a close-up shot of the freight depot. Two pallets of emergency supplies donated by the Gauge sit ready to load on trucks. We can't be sure of what's In these boxes, but based on the size of each, I'd say they were 19" TV sets, much welcomed by the residents of this devastated town, although some did ask for a 27" model. Several smaller boxes that made their way from Kentucky were distributed to the crew in appreciation of the hard work they've done:D

Attachments

• gauge unload.jpg
    gauge unload.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 126

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Here the consist passes by the source of all this destruction. A while back, some government agency decided to use a hill overlooking Santa Maria for some satellite control experiment. As usual, the lowest bidder got the contract and wasn’t aware that they were reading the blue-prints upside down and when they tested it, the
gun was pointing down and nearly obliterated the town. The earth turned to blue foam, and most of the structures disappeared.

Attachments

• gauge raygun.jpg
    gauge raygun.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 123

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Here the consist makes its way through Mount Splenda, the only natural source of this sweetener on the continent. Most people thing it is an artificial product, but it is mined here in its purest form which explains why there are no trees or other vegetation growing there.

Attachments

• gauge mt splenda.jpg
    gauge mt splenda.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 117