Gauge Module Sign-up

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Hi Folks
Here's the virtual sign-up sheet for the NTRAK/oNeTRAK Gauge module event scheduled for summer 2004. The original announcement is here

Actual dates TBD. And just for fun I've included an image of what our layout might look like in oNeTRAK.

For Module Builders

If you want to build a module please respond here and include
1.which standard you would rather we go with - NTRAK (3 tracks on each module) or oNeTRAK (as the name says!).
2. the range of dates you would/would not be available
3. If there is a chance to participate in a local train show, would you want to?

For Other Contributors

Please let us know what you'd like to contribute. Choices could include rolling stock, scenery items, buildings, vehicles, LPB's - anything really!

Thanks folks! Looking forward to your responses.

:D Val

here is just one of many possible configurations we could have
plan2.jpg

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
I guess I'll be the first!

Put me down for a module.

As for specifications, I'm good with either NTRAK or oNeTRAK. However, it should be noted, to get multiple trains running with a single main, we might need to use DCC (and have some passing sidings and such) - maybe NTRAK would be in everyone's best interest.

As for dates, any time in the summer is good for me, as I work for myself (so to speak) and it shouldn't be complicated for me to take some time off... My wife on the other hand is finishing up University, and she graduates at the end of Spring. Not sure the dates, but she should be free for summer as well.

As for participation in a local show, I think thats a great idea. Get's us a chance for some exposure on our new modules. I've only ever been to one show, would enjoy being on the "other side of those little curtains". :D

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Boink!!!!

A light bulb just appeared over my head.

Members who can't make the trip, could send a box car with a picture of themselves on it, either one from "The Rogues Gallery" or another. Those who don't have the techno to make decals from their computers, I'm sure one of the other Gauge members, who can will be more than willing to help out.

Ah...Dang...Gotta change that light bulb......just burnt out!

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by eightyeightfan1
Boink!!!!

A light bulb just appeared over my head.

Members who can't make the trip, could send a box car with a picture of themselves on it, either one from "The Rogues Gallery" or another. Those who don't have the techno to make decals from their computers, I'm sure one of the other Gauge members, who can will be more than willing to help out.

Ah...Dang...Gotta change that light bulb......just burnt out!

LOL Good Idea 88! -- If you're like me......Ya gotta think of 2 things at a time - so the first one don't die of lonliness!!

:D :D :D :D :D

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Val said:
If you're like me......Ya gotta think of 2 things at a time - so the first one don't die of lonliness!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Must be nice Val..I can't get two thoughts together without forgetting what I was thinking or planing to do with the first thought.. :eek:

Now what was I about to say? :confused: Oh yes! You already know I will be there! :D

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by brakie
Val said:
If you're like me......Ya gotta think of 2 things at a time - so the first one don't die of lonliness!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Must be nice Val..I can't get two thoughts together without forgetting what I was thinking or planing to do with the first thought.. :eek:

Now what was I about to say? :confused: Oh yes! You already know I will be there! :D

Brakie - That was me that said that LOl - I know what you mean :D :D :D

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Well, though this may be obvious, I am going to be building a module.
1. NTRAK I think has most potential and connectivity in the future
2. I available any time during the summer
3. Yep, would love to be in a train show, and I'm checking into it from this end.

So - how about the rest of you?

cheers
Val

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I like the idea of The Gauge being represented at a train show. Who knows it could catch on and we could see The Gauge being represented at shows around the world.
How about pictures on the side of a milk car? (Have you seen this child?)
Some could make a billboard add with their picture edited in.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Val, this is HO right? For sure I want to make a building that could go on one of the modules. I would consider buildng a module but all the data I have is N gauge. If you have the HO dimensions etc you could e-mail then to me. Because I can move a module easily in my station wagon I would consider one of the corner ones.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Val,
I'll get started on an Ntrack module ASAP. Making the actual trip is sort of dependant on find employment, so I can afford it.
Train show sounds good, 'course, you'll have to put up with my "hat with all the pins on it".
Pete

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
No Robin, it's - gasp - N-scale. Yes, I know I'm a confirmed HO modeller and all, but this idea seemed too good to pass up. For me it's a chance to try a different scale, and a different era, and of course to meet some great people!

A corner module would be a great addition! Can we count you in?

Danny, there's no reason you can't have both as long as there is a transition module.

I need to find the links to the NTRAK and oNeTRAK pages and post them again. Please stand by :D :D :D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
...Please let us know what you'd like to contribute....
Hi Val!
I need someone to PM or e-mail me a postal address where I can send my contributions.
Thanks!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Val, this is a cool idea! I'd be interested in making a structure like a grain elevator or something.....whatever it was it would have to be fashioned from tubes or bottles though...that's my forte! :D Maybe an N scale version of the structure below?
Ralph

Attachments

• a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 831

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
MEEEEEE TOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo!!

Hi Val,

Sign me up for one of the 2 footers! I think I can handle that. I would like to have a go at N gauge too. My wife says it depends on what happens as to weather we can come out to the BBQ, but we would love to come. If I can't make it, then I will send the module out to you and be there vicariously. OH!, and, can we put anything we want on our modules?

Blowing his trombone with glee,

TrainClown

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Well, there you go again Val ;)
Nice to see your going to dive head first into N scale.welcome to a whole nuther set of problems to conquor:)
Ya'll have been busy in there while i have been away i see.
Of course i would love to pitch in,although i am not sure i can make the actual BBQ.( i am not saying no way though) ;)
I have my hands full just trying to get my layout to the operational stage but will pitch in someway somehow.let me know whats needed ok!!
Todd

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Gauge "Party"

Hi Val and all:

I will plan to be there, depending on the actual date(s) and time(s) that are decided. Can't promise beyond that. Not being in N (except for a couple of ovals of track), I don't expect to contribute anything in the way of modules or scenery. I might be able to bring some rolling stock, however, if New Haven RR isn't too unacceptable to you Torontonians. I guess, as the "official photographer", I'll have to bring my camera, too.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Fantastic my friends!!!!! So far it looks as though we have 8 modules with a possible 2 others and an official photographer. Also a number of buildings and rolling stock so we are well on our way!!!

This is going to be such fun! :D :D :D :D :D

Anyone else want to get in on the action?