Gauge member visit!

Tyson Rayles

Glad to see you made it home safe and sound my friend! You are more than welcome to visit again anytime! :D Can't wait to see your pic's from Cass! :cool:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Tyson,
I can't wait for the Cass shots either, however I do have a few for here.
Another shot of the SM&CH 2-8-0, on the Nantahala Midland.

Attachments

• 280onnm.jpg
    280onnm.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 52

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
The SM&CH FT A+B F7a freight power had to wait on the dual gauge high bridge, while the narrow gauge line cleared, providing a great opportunity to catch these shots of the first delivery of Carolina Furniture via the Nantahala Midland's 50' box #5001.

Attachments

• nmboxb.jpg
    nmboxb.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 50

Gary Pfeil

Pete, Did you letter that boxcar after your visit to Tyson's? You are quite productive, aren't you! Love the paint scheme on the F units.

Gary

jon-monon

Originally posted by sumpter250
Mother Nature made it dirty..... "It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature"......:D :D :D

Ya, I tried weathering some rolling stock and was pretty disappointed when they came out looking old and dirty; had a heck of a time getting them cleaned up afterwords. Then there was the time I got stoned and washed my jeans. That didn't work out either:D :D :D

What are the gauges of the dual gauge track? Did you buy it or make it? Anyone making dual gauge other than B-K?

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Gary,
Tyson lettered, and weathered the boxcar. He gave it to me while I was there. The F units paint scheme is based on the EMD demo scheme for the SD60.
Jon,
The gauges of the dual gauge are standard, and 3'(in HO). I added the "third" rail to commercial standard gauge track.