Gauge layout Party No 5!!!!!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
The Lehigh Coal & Navigation Company 2-6-0 Camel is complete. I finished the last items; Dullcoat sealing and coal over the plastic coal load, last night. After a day of drying it is done.

Here are some pictures of the completed locomotive.

Attachments

• lcnc54d 001g.jpg
    lcnc54d 001g.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 68

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Now back to the regularly scheduled party.

Using some light weight spackle and some wood I made the cap for the abutment. This way the bridges have a flat even area to rest on.

Attachments

• psdw 001g.jpg
    psdw 001g.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 108

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Next is to set the height of the highway bridge pier. Then I need to paint the highway bridge. On the diorama once I know the pier height I can begin construction and shaping of the island. After looking at the trolley bridge pier I may want to paint it.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Hmm, I can't seem to find my post about what I said I'd get done. Anyway, I did manage to get pretty close to my goals. I finished the benchwork, homasote, backdrop painting, track-laying for lower level, and even started a little ballasting.

Not complete: elevated track. I'm still dithering about whether to have it 3" higher or 2-1/2".

It's been a great party! Everyone got a lot done and you're all to be congratulated!!!! :thumb:

Val

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
Well, I didn't get everything done, but I did get quie a lot of work done, I have some pics but need to borrow my wife's spare USB cable and get a few minutes.

The papermill is underway. the mountain is about half covered with lichen, the roadbed is read for track.. but there is still a lot to do.

Graham

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
I was able to complete my helix and run a few test up and down it.... I still have a long way to go on the rewt of the layout, so I am sure I will be able to find things to do in future parties!

Freelancer

Oct 24, 2002
Utah
www.yardlimit.com
Ok sorry I am late, I was quite busy these past couple of weeks getting ready for a show. I can now show you what I have gotten accomplished. As you can see in the first picture, I got some ballast laid on my module. In the second picture I added some basic scenery. And the third picture is my module at the show. The merchant's row is the building that I have been working on recently, you will most likely see more pictures of it in the following parties. All in all it was a great party and it sounds like we all had fun and got a lot accomplished. See you at the next party!

Freelancer

Attachments

• ballast.jpg
    ballast.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 62
  • scenery.jpg
    scenery.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 61
  • module.jpg
    module.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 60