Gauge layout Party No 5!!!!!

C

Catt

Here tis monday evening and here tis the Furrball with some pics

mini1.jpg

I didn't actually do these bridges this past weekend but I did paint the rails and do a wee bit of weathering to them.

mini2.jpg

This shot gives you a better view of the ravine?gully? hole in the ground?

mini4.jpg

And here we have the obligatory train on bridge pic. :D

mini5.jpg

An end view showing the profile cut fashia end piece.

Notice how nicely a little black hides all the junk you don't want seen. :D :D

spitfire

More progress today. I have the yard finished and most of the lower level track done. I need 4 more pieces of track to finish that level and then it's on to the upper level.

Here's the yard ladder.

Val

Attachments

• ladder2.jpg
    ladder2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 170

spitfire

And here we are looking south from the ladder. I've decided to add a RIP track since I have a lot of room there. It's the one heading straight for the coffee mug!

Val

Attachments

• long2.jpg
    long2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 195
I got more work done on the forest area of the layout. I am trying to get it to look like Yellowstone park in September after a light early snow fall. I pulled out the trees and added more green then put the trees back and added a little bit of snow. The lower section is finished and ready for the animals to get added. I am getting them tomorrow.
picture0014ov.jpg

picture0050wa.jpg

picture0066io.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Trains1972

Your forest is looking good!

I finished recoloring the stones in the creek wall.

Attachments

• psdm1g.jpg
    psdm1g.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 117

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I had to do some touch up work to the ballast. The I started planting trees along the abutment on the hillside.

Attachments

• psdn1g.jpg
    psdn1g.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 113
I have finally made some progress. This may not look like much, but to me this is an outstanding achievement. This is the first structure that I have painted, and attempted "weathering" on, and is the closest that I have ever come to completing a structure.

Attachments

• Img_2111.jpg
    Img_2111.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Img_2110.jpg
    Img_2110.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Img_2118.jpg
    Img_2118.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 106
I also picked up some LPB's at the last train show and tried my hand at painting them. I have a couple done so far and was quite proud of them until I put the camera up to them. That macro can sure pull out some detail you don't want to see.

Attachments

• Img_2121.jpg
    Img_2121.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 105

emt49

ok guys i havent forgot about the pics i still need to get the digatal camria for my pis of the benck work ;)

but on a bright side i have my track plan narrowed down to two plans so hopfuly i will be starting on track laying soon :D

seanm

PROGRESS!

I have the first grade set. This should make things go a lot faster. I still have to add some track before I go up another level.

The track looks like a double track helix, but the outside track is just skirts the helix to give the lower level a way to run constant with out entering the helix... you can just see the outside track depart at the back near the wall. There will also be a switch on the right side of this level. This will allow the exit coming down the helix in either direction on the bottom level. The top level will also get a similar treatment.

P1260038.med.JPG

spitfire

Freelancer said:
That macro can sure pull out some detail you don't want to see.

Ain't that the truth - I've discovered all kinds of giant cat hairs in my city streets that way LOL!

Your first structure Freelancer? Looks great to me and a major milestone! :thumb:

So much incredible progress folks! Looking good!!!!

Val

Thanks spitfire! In a sense it is my first structure. I have built some when I was younger but back then the goal was to get it built as fast as possible so that I could play with it. Crooked walls, glue everywhere, and a ton of missing parts LOL. So I am classifying this as my first real structure, that I have actually put some real time into it.

Thanks, Freelancer

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Freelancer
Great job on the building. I can’t tell you how many times after viewing a photo of my work I wanted to cry. The camera can be a brutal critic at times.

Sean
Great progress on the helix.

I ordered the highway bridge, and bridge pier for the trolley line bridge for the Passenger Station Diorama along with a bunch of Woodland Scenics supplies. Hopefully they will get here in time for the party.

Great work everyone. I got a little more done on the forest and added a couple of animals.
jan260039ek.jpg

jan260046pi.jpg

jan260058eu.jpg

jan260095sw.jpg

The two bears are in the bottom picture one on each side you have to look close to see them they are nscale.
jan260088ml.jpg

grumbeast

Its amazing how adding trees and little details can really have an amazing effect!

I'm a little remiss but have purchased some more scenic cover and have experimented on part of the mountain. Photo's a going to be a little poor (cheap 2.1MP camera, lousy lighting) but I'll get there. I'm afraid I spent my modelling time trying (and succeeding!! now I can sleep!) helping my wife model a realistic 3D skirt that moves with the legs of her character!)

Graham

seanm

Amazing how a layout can suck up trees eh Trains1972??

Well, I am getting there with the helix. I have 2 more laps to go!! Then I have to fine tune things a bit. It is really fun to visualize something and then make it happen like you saw it in your head. Almost magical!

p1290020.med.JPG