Gauge layout Party No 5!!!!!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by N Gauger, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Catt

Catt Guest

Here tis monday evening and here tis the Furrball with some pics

[​IMG]

I didn't actually do these bridges this past weekend but I did paint the rails and do a wee bit of weathering to them.

[​IMG]

This shot gives you a better view of the ravine?gully? hole in the ground?

[​IMG]

And here we have the obligatory train on bridge pic. :D

[​IMG]

An end view showing the profile cut fashia end piece.

Notice how nicely a little black hides all the junk you don't want seen. :D :D
  2. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

More progress today. I have the yard finished and most of the lower level track done. I need 4 more pieces of track to finish that level and then it's on to the upper level.

Here's the yard ladder.

Val

Attached Files:

3. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

And here we are looking south from the ladder. I've decided to add a RIP track since I have a lot of room there. It's the one heading straight for the coffee mug!

Val

Attached Files:

4. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Val

You are making great progress on the yard!

Catt

Great looking bridge!
  5. trains1972

trains1972 Member

I got more work done on the forest area of the layout. I am trying to get it to look like Yellowstone park in September after a light early snow fall. I pulled out the trees and added more green then put the trees back and added a little bit of snow. The lower section is finished and ready for the animals to get added. I am getting them tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. TomPM

Trains1972

Your forest is looking good!

I finished recoloring the stones in the creek wall.

Attached Files:

7. TomPM

And here it is in front of the station

Attached Files:

8. TomPM

I had to do some touch up work to the ballast. The I started planting trees along the abutment on the hillside.

Attached Files:

9. TomPM

And here is one from the side.

Attached Files:

10. Freelancer

Freelancer Member

I have finally made some progress. This may not look like much, but to me this is an outstanding achievement. This is the first structure that I have painted, and attempted "weathering" on, and is the closest that I have ever come to completing a structure.

Attached Files:

11. Freelancer

Freelancer Member

I also picked up some LPB's at the last train show and tried my hand at painting them. I have a couple done so far and was quite proud of them until I put the camera up to them. That macro can sure pull out some detail you don't want to see.

Attached Files:

12. emt49

emt49 Member

ok guys i havent forgot about the pics i still need to get the digatal camria for my pis of the benck work ;)

but on a bright side i have my track plan narrowed down to two plans so hopfuly i will be starting on track laying soon :D
  13. seanm

seanm Member

PROGRESS!

I have the first grade set. This should make things go a lot faster. I still have to add some track before I go up another level.

The track looks like a double track helix, but the outside track is just skirts the helix to give the lower level a way to run constant with out entering the helix... you can just see the outside track depart at the back near the wall. There will also be a switch on the right side of this level. This will allow the exit coming down the helix in either direction on the bottom level. The top level will also get a similar treatment.

[​IMG]
  14. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Ain't that the truth - I've discovered all kinds of giant cat hairs in my city streets that way LOL!

Your first structure Freelancer? Looks great to me and a major milestone! :thumb:

So much incredible progress folks! Looking good!!!!

Val
  15. Freelancer

Freelancer Member

Thanks spitfire! In a sense it is my first structure. I have built some when I was younger but back then the goal was to get it built as fast as possible so that I could play with it. Crooked walls, glue everywhere, and a ton of missing parts LOL. So I am classifying this as my first real structure, that I have actually put some real time into it.

Thanks, Freelancer
  16. TomPM

Freelancer
    Great job on the building. I can’t tell you how many times after viewing a photo of my work I wanted to cry. The camera can be a brutal critic at times.

Sean
    Great progress on the helix.

I ordered the highway bridge, and bridge pier for the trolley line bridge for the Passenger Station Diorama along with a bunch of Woodland Scenics supplies. Hopefully they will get here in time for the party.
  17. trains1972

trains1972 Member

Great work everyone. I got a little more done on the forest and added a couple of animals.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The two bears are in the bottom picture one on each side you have to look close to see them they are nscale.
    [​IMG]
  18. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Its amazing how adding trees and little details can really have an amazing effect!

I'm a little remiss but have purchased some more scenic cover and have experimented on part of the mountain. Photo's a going to be a little poor (cheap 2.1MP camera, lousy lighting) but I'll get there. I'm afraid I spent my modelling time trying (and succeeding!! now I can sleep!) helping my wife model a realistic 3D skirt that moves with the legs of her character!)

Graham
  19. trains1972

trains1972 Member

Here are the latest pictures of the forest that I am building.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. seanm

seanm Member

Amazing how a layout can suck up trees eh Trains1972??

Well, I am getting there with the helix. I have 2 more laps to go!! Then I have to fine tune things a bit. It is really fun to visualize something and then make it happen like you saw it in your head. Almost magical!

[​IMG]