Gauge Layout party No. 4

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Then, after we checked out the new lighted sign........

The "Owners of The MF&W Railroad" decided to take me for a ride in their private car....

Now, I, as President, have been telling these Ceo's & Coo's about how trustworthy My LPB's are!

Wouldn't you lmow - Me & half The Board of Directors are in theis car - heading up the North Curve toward "Shamus' Trestle, and......................................

Attachments

• amr4.jpg
    amr4.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 81

N Gauger

............We're talking about how our LPB's are environmentaly sound - h they respect all things....and on this nice Clear Saturday Afternoon, with the sun shining on the land..all nice & Pretty -

We hit the Northern Curve & one of the Board Members looks out teh window & sees:

Attachments

• amr8.jpg
    amr8.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 82

N Gauger

I have NO idea how that wheel got there - i haven't been up this end of the railroad, since the construction!! I have no answer how long that wheel has been buried... No answers for the Board... :( :( :(

Somewhere there is a LPB - That is in real - real trouble.............

N Gauger

Now, how I did it..... :)

The Light Green brush is from a green carpet that happens to be fraying :)

The dirt - is pastel chalk - spread around with my fingers - tinted as I went

The Wheels - are from the same axel - I cut the wheel in half with my bench grinder, just grinded it down on the wheel :)

Then I glued everything down :)

F

Fred_M

Seems to me then your the LPB who's head must roll even if you did use the "carpet" on your layout. :D Fred

N Gauger

I didn't really explain that. :)

Our cat decided that the basement rugs were old & perfect for sharpening his claws :D He's sending little clumps of green all over the floor under the layout.

Who am I, that would throw out perfectly good scenery! :eek: :D :eek:

Dont know if it can be used in other scales, but get a dark green rug somewhere & try it. :)

N Gauger

Matthyro said:
Very nice Mikey. Now we need to see a train on the track.

Thanks!!

Look around The Gauge - I have about 50 pics of trains on these tracks :) Especailly The Bridge From he** LOL

N Gauger

Some more "work" :)

You remember that thread about "What have you taken from your house & used on the layout'??

hehehehe I "borrowed" the Waterfall :)

layout027.jpg

layout029.jpg

A 2 Meg movie
Right Click this link & Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As"

F

Fred_M

Now that's a good idea Mikey. My wife has one of them mood thingys waterfalls gathering dust. Never thought about using it, but now... TY Fred

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Wow. real water EH! Must take a brave soul to have it on your layout. Pleased to see some traffic on the tracks Mikey

N Gauger

Matthyro said:
Wow. real water EH! Must take a brave soul to have it on your layout. Pleased to see some traffic on the tracks Mikey

LOL I thought of you when I did that!!! :) :) Just for you Friend!!!!! :D :D :D

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Great job Mikey! Looks real nice!

With this past week I don't have much to report. Too many football games and Halloween stuff. The only thing I did was add one set of numbers to the sand dome. Still have the other side to do.

ddavidv

Too busy working on my module to take photos to post... :D
Let's see...I got the vehicle road laid and painted. Did some more ballasting, fixed the turnout that had gravel stuck in it, :rolleyes: got my hands on the electrical connectors I need to do the wiring (which I am still avoiding). Installed and painted the road crossings. I think that's about it. Oh yeah, I started work on my main structure for the module as well.
And today I ordered a few structures from the Con-Cor web site. :) Naturally, the ones I really wanted are no longer available. :(
I will need to visit the LHS real soon. Been awhile since he's seen my wallet. :p

N Gauger

eightyeightfan1 said:
Borrowed?...When did you think you were going to give it back!
I'm making it removable so "Just in case" we decide that it would look nice somewhere else - It can be taken out :) :)

....................but you're right - not likely!! :D :D :D

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
OK I finally had some time to work on the switcher. I finished adding new numbers to the cab and the sand dome.

Attachments

• gpk1g.jpg
    gpk1g.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 58