Gauge fantasy League

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by N Gauger, Aug 25, 2005.

1. sds888

sds888 Member

I know we stop adjusting 10 mins before the game. But when is the game? thanks Stephen
    P.S. The laura logging team is already changing its name to "Laura Logging Company the fantasy league champions" haha
  2. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

The first game is tomorrow, Thursday night at 8 or 9 PM EDT.

I still can not access my team. I checked the FOX Fantasy Forums and they posted last night at 6:21 PM that the site currently unavailable and will be back online within hours.

Mikey, I guess the thought of a Bulldog and Green Raider going at it scared them. :D
  3. TomPM

About 1 PM EDT I got in and was able to adjust me roster.

The site was brutally slow, however. I guess it is all the traffic with everybody trying to get their teams set up at the same time.
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Go to www.nfl.com and look at the schedules.. That will show you when all the weeks games are. Then all you have to worry about is what player you have on each team :)
  5. N Gauger

Just got to my team :) Go to "League Home" tab and then to the right, click on your team under "Matchups" :) At the top of the new page, you will see the list of this weeks games, both for "our League" and the NFL :) really cool!!!!!!
  6. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

And How!! :curse: :curse:
    I managed one player exchange, but since then all I get are timed out errors. :curse: So far I'm not impressed with Fox Fantasy Football. I don't remember having this much trouble with the setup we had last year. Hopefully it will get better. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  7. sds888

sds888 Member

I just dont think they can handle the volume.
  8. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

I think you're right sds. I tried to pick up some players this afternoon but always got "timed out". I waited till this evening to try again. 1st b**ch, the player I tried to pick up was gone. :mad: Tried to pick up a different player and guess what, it "timed out" on me again and again. :mad: I've got six D/STs but do you think I can drop any of them for a WR or a RB that I don't have enough of? NOT! :curse: :curse: If you want to change a player by 10 min before the game you better start the night before.
    Sorry Mikey, I know you put a lot of work into setting this up, but in my book FFF gets a big F.
  9. N Gauger

Now they are saying - that it should be running right today.. there were server probs the last 2 days :(
    If you guys want to start over, we could go here:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

but we would have to re-register & start all over again..... :( :(
  10. N Gauger

Urgent!!!

If anyone wants to make any changes to their team... I can do it in the commissioner's tools :)

PM me & I'll change them ASAP!!!!!

Sorry for all this stuff :(
  11. onceler

onceler Member

I had a situation similar to this a couple years ago when ESPN rolled out their fantasy site. We are experiencing growing pains for sites like this. They probably didnt expect the onslaught of interrest (not to mention that sheer hammering the servers take the closer it gets to gametime).
  12. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Hey Mikey, I didn't mean to dump all over you. I know that it's not your fault. :oops: Just frustration spouting off. :rolleyes:
    As far as going to the other site, it might be more hassel going through the draft again and all the rest than it's worth. If they have the servers working now, this site might work out. There are aspects of it I like although there were some features the old site had that would be nice to have. However I'll go along with what everybody else wants to do. It IS just a game after all.
  13. N Gauger

14. TomPM

And I thought the Blue Route public meetings were ugly! Yikes!

Of course I wanted to check the results of last night's game at 7:45 AM today and I cannot access my team and I get the the sorry we are down screen.

Mikey,
    What would it take to move and how quickly could we do it? And since the first game has been played can we?
  15. 13Mtrainer

13Mtrainer Member

To N Gauger,

i am sorry to say but this is to much i am not going to do it this year i cant find my team i cant save anything i cant login i dont know what is going on so i am going to quite and just drop it.
  16. N Gauger

We're starting over at Yahoo :) like last year - check your PM's :) :)
    I'm sending them NOW!! if you dont get one by Saturday night PM me!!!
    also - we start our season next thursday (sept 15th) :)
  17. N Gauger

Sorry about the duplicates :( :( If you are reading this & you have not gotten the PM - -

PM me!! asap!! :) :)
  18. TomPM

I am signed up and ready to go!
  19. trainworm

trainworm Member

I am all signed up at the new place. c'mon everyone...sign up and lets go!!!!
  20. N Gauger

well - we have 4 so far :) anyone else?? :)