Gauge Boxcar-World Tour '03

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
I finally decided on a cereal box fix for the gauge containers. This should stiffen up the weighted ones so they won't collapse in transit. Each one had to be custom fit to each container. I'll get these and the boxcar off in the mail as soon as I can, will let you know when they leave here.
Pete

Attachments

• ggecntrep.jpg
    ggecntrep.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 229

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
BTW, I am working on getting the software to convert files into PDF puppies, so that when my new computer arrives at my house next week, I should be able to provide the Gauge containers (all versions) as PDF files for those of you interested to print out.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Without much fanfare, or photographers, the Gauge box car left the Cindys Harbor rails, and is headed for Kentucky. Philip, you can expect arrival as early as Friday, but should be no later than Monday............that's according to USPS.
Pete

P

philip

The arrival

Boys and Girls: The Gauge boxcar is in my possession. Wow! Received the package from my wife. Had no idea what was in the box. My wife said "did you buy that?" Had to give her the spill. More later! Thanks Pete.:thumb:

philip:wave:

P

philip

Hey Billiebob

Where'd that blue one come from. Lets take a closer look. Nope I aint goin back there.

Attachments

• p1010086.jpg
    p1010086.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 179
P

philip

aint goin

I'm chicken. To high! you go.

Attachments

• p1010087.jpg
    p1010087.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 178

CN1

May 6, 2003
Would it be possible to be on the list too?

I have an HO layout and I would realy like that.

Thanks

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Ok, I am hooked, unfortunately, my layout is crated up. BUT. If the car is in North America in the Spring, I'd like to get on the list to run it at the Portola Railroad Museum on the WP layout up there. 88Fan, EXCELLENT idea, one of the best I've ever seen in model railroading. Please PM me and I'll send you my address so I can possibly get on the list!

Tom

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Ok, I am hooked, unfortunately, my layout is crated up. BUT. If the car is in North America in the Spring, I'd like to get on the list to run it at the Portola Railroad Museum on the WP layout up there. 88Fan, EXCELLENT idea, one of the best I've ever seen in model railroading. Please PM me and I'll send you my address so I can possibly get on the list!
:thumb:

Tom Carter
Portola CA. Railroad Museum
Feather River Rail Society
"Where the WP Lives on"

P

philip

off to NC but 1st

a stop by Riverport.

Attachments

• p1010124.jpg
    p1010124.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 164
P

philip

& a quick trip to Historic Kosmosdale,Ky. Then up that dreaded hill to Fort Knox.

Attachments

• p1010119.jpg
    p1010119.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 158

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Cool pics philip! I like the yard full of tanks on flat cars and, as we all know, Model Power cranes rock! :) I have one too on my river side scene. Good to see the big blue box car again!
Ralph

P

philip

Box in the mail

Thanks all. Had fun with that car! All good things must come to an end.

:cry:

Hopefully RaiderCTE will come on line again..the car is heading that way. Already E-mailed him.

RaiderCTE

Jan 11, 2001
charlotte,NC
www.raidercte.netfirms.com
I got it. Here it is getting loaded on the soon to be defunct unknown railroad. I'm having to partly wanting to start on another layout. My problem is the space is getting less width but more length and with it we are looking to possibly move in within a few years. I may just do some designing in the spare time. And continue to take note from the experts here.

http://www.raidercte.netfirms.com/

At the bottom of the page.....