Gauge Boxcar-World Tour '03

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Guys I'm wondering did a template for thaose Gauge containers ever make it on the website? I'd like to include a couple of containers as storage and have to bring the Gauge name into the landscape somewhere.

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
I notice someone asked about the container template. Give me a day or so to contemplate how best to do that --- I do a lot of the work in Publisher so the text is crisper; if you have Publisher that's not a problem of course, but I know a lot of you don't have it, so I'll have to think of some other way to do it.

(( well that and my computer at home makes a clicking sound and refuses to boot up when you turn it on; could be fatal ))

grlakeslogger

Sep 2, 2003
WI, USA
Visit site
Originally posted by sumpter250
this shot, in a train, crossing Turtle Creek. The MR&T, is the Milwaukee Racine & Troy

So, Pete, you did get the shot! Guys, he was planning this photo from the moment he set eyes on the Kalmbach display at Trainfest! It looks terrific.
--Stu--

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Very Cool!

That's amazing!!!

Getting the Gauge car on the Turtle Creek is really a neat idea...

I hope you are submitting pictures to MR for publication. It is a great way to expose The Gauge to the world.

I'd also like Gauge containers in O scale for the HV&S. Pretty Please... :D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That's so cool!!! I still have the MR issue featuring the Turtle Creek. Great to see the gauge car ride those rails! Good idea about publicity.
Ralph

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I have a lump in my throat!
To see my car on such a famous layout....And one that was featured in one of my favorite magazines.....WOW! I never thought it would happen when I first started the Traveling Gauge Car.
Its like see your kid win a major award.
Thanks Pete!

Oct 14, 2003
Lisboa, Portugal
Travelling boxcar

Can I be participating in this Model Railroad Adventure Around the World?

If so, how would you guys find out my postal adress and send me the boxcar? It would be a pleasure to take some pictures of it in Barcarena (or if it is in shape then, in my German layout - sorry guys, no name yet...)

And I guess Luis/Xaniel, wouldn't have any problem in participating in this with myself...

When will the boxcar cross the pond to "Old Europe"?

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Future moves of GAUG105371???

Hi Ricardo,

I think that in the future the Gauge Boxcar will surely make its jump over the Big Pond. However, there is still quite a bunch of Gaugers in the USA and Canada waiting for their chance to get a hold on it.

As you suggested in your post, your layout isn't yet ready for such a photo session. With my TC&W it is the same thing. I hope to get in enough scenery this Winter so that I could make a few fine photos of the car on my layout.

Ricardo, would it be ok for you, when we could 'reserve' the Gauge Boxcar for its Europe trip some time in the Spring 2004, perhaps? There are some Gauge members in the UK, too, who surely would participate in this Europe trip of the car.

I think it is eightyeightfan1 who pulls the strings in the background, right?
Ed, could you give us some information about the next planned visits of old GAUG105371?

Ron

Oct 14, 2003
Lisboa, Portugal
Re: Future moves of GAUG105371???

Originally posted by RailRon

Ricardo, would it be ok for you, when we could 'reserve' the Gauge Boxcar for its Europe trip some time in the Spring 2004, perhaps? There are some Gauge members in the UK, too, who surely would participate in this Europe trip of the car.

Of course it's ok. By then I guess I must have the German/Portuguese border :eek: ready in my layout:D and can have then a decent photo shoot... I guess it could be very funny to have an American original boxcar, pulled by a german locomotive in a portuguese environment... sounds good to me :D

I'll be waiting...

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Hi Ricardo,
Just PM me your address, and I'll add you to the list.
Be kinda cool to see an American boxcar on European rails.
Gonna be awhile since it spent half a year in Canada and just recently made back to the states.
As far as the European Leg of the Tour, Its going to Shamus first, then to Ron. They were the only two across the big pond that signed up...so far.