Gauge Boxcar-World Tour '03

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
It's Here!

Well, I picked up the Gauge Boxcar from Paul yesterday, and here is the first quick shot of it on my line. More to come...

I hope no-one minds if it's nothing but plywood, but, as I said, almost all work has come to a complete stop as we try to get our house ready for sale.

When I'm finished with it, I'll pass it along to RockIslandMike, likely early next week. (July 21st or so...)

Attachments

• gauge box.jpg
    gauge box.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 203

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Welcome To The Plywood Central!!

Well, let's follow the Gauge boxcar through my layout.

Caveat... if you don't care for raw plywood, skip these pictures.:)

Our motive power...2 SD 40s that I have from the old days...one modified, one mostly just a straight Athearn. Our lead unit is a wide cab conversion I did about 10 years ago.

Attachments

• sd40 5254.jpg
    sd40 5254.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 179

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
And it looks like PLOP is on the move. It appears as though they've gotten their equipment from the Canadian Forces, as the vehicles are over 20 years old, and every other callsign is an ARV!:D

Attachments

• 2 troop.jpg
    2 troop.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 173

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
...And here we are, back where we started. That is a tour of my layout. Sure, it isn't scenicked, but I'm happy to at least be able to run trains, and was HONOURED to have the Gauge boxcar visit my layout.

Now...off to RockIslandMike's neck o' the woods!

Attachments

• back in town.jpg
    back in town.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 266

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by Lighthorseman
...And here we are, back where we started. That is a tour of my layout. Sure, it isn't scenicked, but I'm happy to at least be able to run trains, and was HONOURED to have the Gauge boxcar visit my layout.

Now...off to RockIslandMike's neck o' the woods!

Nice pics!! We can watch you add scenery now too. :) :) Great Stuff!!

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
I finally had the time to drop in and do some catching up. This is a great thread and a great idea! I really enjoyed the pictures!

If someone gets an N-scale version going, I'd like to be on the list!

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Excellent pics Steve.
Love the locos..If you ever want to get rid of them??????:):):)

Rory...There is an N gauge car going around. Check out the thread here in photo section"Gauge N Boxcar"(I would make a link...If I knew how!)

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
The Gauge boxcar has arrived on the Wheat Kings & Pacific layout. I hope to be taking pics tonight, and then passing it along. Steve (Lighthorseman) mentioned it is probably headed to BC next, but if "those in the know" could send me a message where it needs to go NEXT, I should have it ready for sendoff Friday or on the weekend.