Gauge Boxcar-World Tour '03

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Weathering....

Originally posted by shamus
Are we going to leave the boxcar as it is when it arrives, or perhaps a hint of weathering before it's next leg of the journey.

I'm going to have trouble keeping the punks that hang around the interchange track away from this beauty....

Those kids and their @#$%$# spraypaint! They may end up tagging the car if we're not careful....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Seriously though.... My first attempt at weathering should be reserved for something else.

Is there a routing card (waybill) that everyone can sign? It would make a nice momento.

I'll add one if you like.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Re: Weathering....

Originally posted by TinGoat

I'm going to have trouble keeping the punks that hang around the interchange track away from this beauty....

Those kids and their @#$%$# spraypaint! They may end up tagging the car if we're not careful....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Seriously though.... My first attempt at weathering should be reserved for something else.

Is there a routing card (waybill) that everyone can sign? It would make a nice momento.

I'll add one if you like.

Sounds good to me! A Waybill type form would be nice!

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I've included a form where you put your name, Gauge handle, address(City, State, Province, Country) and the date you recieved the car.
And try to keep the LPP's(Little Plastic Punks) away from it, if you can!

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
It's here.....

Well, sorta...

A card came in the mail that basically says that Canada Post tried to deliver a parcel, but no-one was home to receive/sign for it...

!@!@$@#$^%^*(!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

In fact, my Sposa-Bella was home, but wasn't able to get to the door within the time limit. (Less than 30 seconds...)

She stepped out onto the front porch in time to literally wave good-bye to the impatient postie as he drove away... He actually waved back! But he didn't have the courtasy to stop and give her the parcel.

I suspect that he had the card already filled out and only knocked on the door as a matter of proceedure.

Now I have to go to the postal outlet to pick up the parcel.

And UPS is evil????

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
The Car is on it's way...

Due to the ice storm that we had over the weekend, my friend with the digi-cam couldn't come over to play trains...

I took a dozen shots with my 35mm, but I am waiting for the film to be developed before I send the car on its way. I want to make sure that the pictures turned out okey first.

Turns out that the film that was in the camera is almost a year past expiration. :( :( :(

Either way, I'll get the car to Val by the end of the week. (It turns out that she lives just spitting distance from my Mother-In-Law and isn't very far away.) So I can save the $$$Postage$$$ and just drop it off....

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
The Guage Car on the HV&S...

Made a tiny (6" x 30") HO diarama last Thursday/Friday.

The Icestorm curtailed the use of a digi-cam.

The film in the camera was a year past it's prime...

Batteries are almost dead.

35mm fixed focus takes lousy close-ups...

Pictures have a bit of a pink tint due to the age of the film....

That's the bad news...

The good news is, that the pictures turned out moderately okey...

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Got it!

Well, I just received the Gauge boxcar, hand-delivered by Ron - thanks Ron! We got to have some coffee and conversation, Ron took a look at my progress on the layout, and was doing what he could to hook me into the On30 conspiracy modules - OC-MOD for short. Hmmm.

Will post some photos as soon as I can.

cheers
:D Val

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Out railfanning down around the Massey Ferguson complex the other day, and what should I see but a Gauge boxcar! Lucky I still had plenty of film in the camera, and I got off a few shots.

Here's the first one.

Attachments

• 01panarama.jpg
    01panarama.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 275