Gauge Boxcar-World Tour '03

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
WeeeeeeeeLLL at 8:00 AM this morning the gauge HO Boxcar made it to PA. :D :D :D :D :D

Turns out that nobody from the MF&W RR was there to take pics..... We sleep in late here. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

As I went to the depot about 2:45 PM EST I found the Car had arrived in great condition, of course! :)

We'll get "3 fingers" to couple it up to the local & see if we can transport it through Strasburg PA tomorrow. Then we'll switch it to our "Main Line" behind the Shay.. :) Give you nice people a tour of the Dining Room Ceiling. :) :)

This time I'll make sure!!!!!!!!!! that Bill "Kodak" Kodiak (The Official MF&W Photographer brings the stinkin' camera... LOL

:D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
The Shelf Layout is basically a loop - that just happens to hang on the dining Room Wall about 5" below the ceiling.
I built a tethered cab control so it can be run from anywhere in the room :)

The "Green Mountains" you see are all "Furniture packing foam" That I sprayed with Green paint & then some dull coat.

The Light blue thing is the top of the curtains :)

Can you tell why my Wife (ROW Baronness) says There are NO trains allowed in her office !:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• hocar 014.jpg
    hocar 014.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 93

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
The Shay wanders merrily along as it chugs along pulling the DM&IR Ore cars with the gauge car behind :)

The "Eye Hook" & drop ceiling wire are there so we can still open the curtains... ROW negotiation result :D

Attachments

• hocar 013.jpg
    hocar 013.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 118

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
ok - Here's the Pics from The railroad Museum of PA in Strasburg :) :)

The HO Layout is under construction for 2 years now & will take about 5 more to complete

First - The gauge Boxcar pauses near the mines... on a narrow gauge section of the layout, made to represent the East Broad Top RR.

Attachments

• 022204g021.jpg
    022204g021.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 180

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Railfanning earlier today, I heard the rumble of diesels coming across the farmers field. It was Central New England's stack train led by retro paints SD-70M, and C44-9W. But wit...whats the unit in the back............

Attachments

• gaugecar1.jpg
    gaugecar1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 128

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Didn't have to wait long for CNE's freight to come by. Led by GP-9, and borrowed power from neighboring Housatonic RR GP-35, with CNE's retro paint GP-60 bringing up the rear. And there, coupled to the GP-60 was Ol' Blue!

Attachments

• gaugecar4.jpg
    gaugecar4.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 126