Gas electric

Ray Marinaccio

I got a Cushman electric golf cart yesterday for $20.00 and it has 6 dead batteries. to replace the batteries it will cost about $300.00
I am thinking that installing a gas powered generator and wiring it like a gas electric rail car may be an option.
Where might I find a wiring diagram?
I could even find a one cylinder diesel engine and have a diesel electric golf cart.
Dynamic brakes would be a possibility also.

RailRon

Hehe Ray, I just imagined you throttling up to notch 8 on the golf course, then going down a little hill with howling dynamic brakes! :wave:

How about a three chime diesel horn? :D :D :D

Just kidding! ;)

Ron

neilmunck

I'd have thought that so long as the voltages and AC/DC are the same you'd just wire up the generator to the battery terminals. If it goes backwards in forward gear then swap the wires.

It would probably be good if you could wire the generator start switch to the on key on the buggy but that would just be a convinience feature.

That would be great down the club. You could have a valve in the silencer so if someone is on a shot you press a little pedal to open the valve and it bypasses the silencer and distracts them :)

Old Rolls Royce's had this so that if you were touring through Europe and there was a dog asleep in the road but you didn't want to wake everyone up with a blast of the horn you could make the car noisier to wake the dog but people would ignore it.