Gary's Erie Berkshire is well under way.

Blake

Gary recently aquired a Fujiama brass Erie Berkshire. Great loco, had an old Pitman DC-71 open frame motor in it. I made a new bracket and mounted a Canon can motor. Runs like a champ now. She is all set for cleaning and painting (just hope I can remember where all of those dang little parts go!!). She will also receive a speaker and plugs for a future sound system.

Attachments

• berk.jpg
    berk.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 239
  • berk.jpg
    berk.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 239

Gary Pfeil

You may wonder why, since I model the NYC, I bought an Erie Berk. Well, it has always been one of my favorite locos, and Erie has trackage rights on the portion of the JGL I model. Besides, I knew Blake would wet himself when he saw it, what are friends for?

Blake

These are new photos. Just have to add a little more weathering.

berk2.jpg

berk3.jpg

berk4.jpg

berk5.jpg

berk6.jpg

berk7.jpg

cidchase

That's some fine work, Blake, you guys are awesome!!!

Just remember to wash your hands after wetting...

spitfire

Wow Blake, that is one excellent piece of work!!! I can't believe it's dry-brushing - that dust looks like it was airbrushed on. Amazing!!!!

Val

Blake

Hey Val, that is the airbrushed weathering, the drybrushing comes next. Thank you all for your kind words, and yes cidchase, I certainly did wash up.

Clerk

That is one piece of beautiful piece of equipment. Great job.

This is to early in the morning to be posting anything.
I ment to say

That is one beautiful piece of equipment.

Drew1125

That is some fantastic work Blake!
:cool: :cool: :cool:
I've always been envious of the skills of you master modelers!:p ;) :cool: :D
Thanks for sharing all your projects with us...whatever I lack in skill, I'm never short on inspiration!
Congrats Gary, on being the proud ownwe of such a beautiful machine!:)

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Aaah nothing like a Berkshire. What a massive hard working locomotive. I sure liked how the Nickel Plate railroad used them. High speed and get the goods to the customer on time. Even the early deisels couldn't compete.
Very nice work Blake
Gary this will be a showpiece on your layout

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Blake,
The pics clearly show why a modelbuilder of Gary's skill, would prefer to have you paint his locomotive. I can't begin to compliment your work with words as highly as Gary already has with actions.

Gary Pfeil

Well now, that is coming along nicely! As nice as it looks now, it's nothing compared to how it will look after the drybrushing. And I understand thats done now as well. Its at the point where artistic talent takes over for technical talent that Blakes work really shines. Should be running that baby soon. I can't wait!

Blake

Hey Gary, you think you're excited.....

These guys are even more excited. Heck, Percivil even went out and bought himself a new white hat with red polkadots just for the occasion.

Attachments

• crew.jpg
    crew.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 127
  • crew.jpg
    crew.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 127

belg

Hey Blake how come I only see the dreaded red X in the six pictures in the middle are they on railimages?