gargraves or atlas

kev2

Jul 17, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
My daughter wants to see the old lionels run, I have a plan for @ 30 feet of track. Which track do I choose, gargraves price is right atlas hi $$ do not have any experiance or resorce to choose please help. TIA

C

Catt

I hasve 3 budd9ew into 0 gauge 3 rail. They are all changing to the new ATLAS track because of looks and qaulity of product.

pcentral

Jul 17, 2002
Central California
Visit site
kev2,
By all means go with the Atlas O track. If you are just getting started the Atlas track is easier to use than gargraves. Also it's alot more durable than the others on the market ( try stepping on it and see if anything happens to it, I HAVE). As far as the price, the individual sections may cost a little more but the switches are very reasonable in my opinion. Pick up a copy of Classic Toy Trains or O Gauge Railroading and check the adds for the best deals. One last thing, if your trains have been stored for a while PLEASE have them serviced before running them. I can't preach this enough. I have seen too much needless damage done because of this. Contact your local hobby shop or train club to find someone to service the trains.