Garden Railroad @ Kingsbury Elementary

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
Hi there gang,

The first donation to the Garden Railroad Im working on at Kingsbury Elementary has arrived. The guys at http://www.gohobbies.com/ sent a nice care package for the kids.
It contained the following:

1 MDC G2102 "Big Hustler" Missouri Pacific Switcher
1 Bachmann Big Hauler Pennsylvania PRR #417
1 17.5" MT Vernon Flatcar Kit by Circus Crafts (minus coupler and trucks)
1 Model Power 3 Lite Traffic Signal
1 Lion, Giraffe, Ape, Hippo, Horse, Sheep
1 Sitting Engineer
1 Scenery for your railroad book
1 Maintaining and Repairing book

My thanks go out to them and theirs. Hope everyone is doing well. Will send pics of the process once we get started. We are gonna have a fund raiser for the track which we hope to obtain from Aristo Craft if we get the funds.

77Railer

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Bachmann comes through once again. They sent us a spectrum power pack and a night before christmas train set. So with what I have recieved so far and what is on the way from mikey the only thing we are lacking is some elbow grease and some track. I can put the christmas train out during the month of december to add some holiday cheer to the garden :) If you dont support Bachmann I seariously suggest you start...they are definelty there for the little guys.

77Railer

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
Well I setup the train from bachmann in the toy room to give it a test run and it runs perfect. The little switcher didnt work so last night I took it apart and fixed the electircal on it and whamo...shes a running...momma meeya,lol. While I had it apart I decided I didnt like the way it looked. The whole thing was bland blue...yuck...so I painted a little here and there...hope to get pics posted soon. First time Ive painted anything...was fun. More to come......

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
77railer said:
Well I setup the train from bachmann in the toy room to give it a test run and it runs perfect. The little switcher didnt work so last night I took it apart and fixed the electircal on it and whamo...shes a running...momma meeya,lol. While I had it apart I decided I didnt like the way it looked. The whole thing was bland blue...yuck...so I painted a little here and there...hope to get pics posted soon. First time Ive painted anything...was fun. More to come......

Watch out painting that large scale stuff. A friend who used to work at the local hobby shop thought he would earn some extra $$ doing custom painting. A guy hired him to paint a large scale box car, and it took so much paint he lost his shirt on the job. That ended his custom painting carreer!

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Russ Bellinis said:
Watch out painting that large scale stuff. A friend who used to work at the local hobby shop thought he would earn some extra $$ doing custom painting. A guy hired him to paint a large scale box car, and it took so much paint he lost his shirt on the job. That ended his custom painting carreer!

That's why some of us use "Spray paint" and masking tape :)

It's so strange to use "car" things on your railroad :) :) :) I shop just as much at a car parts store - as I do at the LHS :D :D