Galipolis Industrial Park Photos

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Visible in these shots are Boylerwerx (large and blue), the power plant (large and brick), oil distributor (small and maroon with gray tanks), concrete plant (small and blue with white silos), and the plastics transload facility (small and tan with white silos).

Attachments

• gallipolis03.jpg
    gallipolis03.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 307

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Brian,Your layout is looking good. I really like the way you have your industries placed...Keep us posted with the progress of your layout...

Question.

1. What towns to you serve in southern Ohio?

You see my Columbus & Hocking Valley has a branch line from Logan to Jackson called the "J" line. Perhaps we could set up a dummy interchange.

The Columbus & Hocking Valley is part of the CDB Industries family of short lines.Another one of my short lines is the Toledo & Southwestern runs through Napoleon. :eek: :)

The CDBI is a holding company for 7 short lines and several non rail holdings..

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Here's a plan of the Ironton Northern at its largest extent, circa 2000.

Attachments

• system2000small.jpg
    system2000small.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 255

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
The C&HV runs from Columbus to Parkersburg. I think we may parallel eah other between Athens and Parkersburg.I use the former B&O tracks between those towns. Would you be interested in an interchange at Athens for coal headed toward Lake Erie ports at Cleveland? Currently I am using the NS.I see you have a direct route to Cleveland.

If you have any coal bound for Lake Erie at Toledo our Cincinnati & Lake Erie Railroad could handle it for you as well as any other freight headed toward Toledo or Cincinnati.Interchange would be via Springfield..We connect with all roads in Cincinnati including our Kentucky Central Ry.

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Originally posted by brakie
I use the former B&O tracks between those towns.

So do I, back off! :D LOL

We have our own Lake Erie access, via the former Erie docks in Cleveland. I could see a run-thru coal train coming my way, if you could see some Toledo-bound sand going yours... As for connections, it's in our slogan, "Better Connections - Better Service." :D Before the advent of CSX, we ran our own Alphabet Route, connecting with the Eastern Kentucky, at Ashland, which ran to a connection with the Clinchfield in Elkhorn City. From there the traffic was sent down to Spartanburg for interchange with the Atlantic Coast Line. :cool:

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
A Loco Question...

Say, Brian, is that a Plymouth MDT-type 4 wheel (6 wheel??) switcher in those shots? If so...

1) Who makes it?
2) Are they still available?
3) How do they run?
4) Any other pertinent info you could share?

I've been looking for something like this for quite a while now. I'd like to bash it into an O scale battery-powered mine locomotive.

Thanks!!

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
While most of our coal goes to Toledo Via CSX we do have one on line customer that ships coal to the Ceveland port.This train is ran on Mondays,Wedesdays and Fridays.We have another on line customer that ships coal to LTV steel in Cleveland.This train runs daily except Sunday...I shall get with the operation department and see what they can work out including line hauling our Toledo bound coal to our C&LE at Springfield..Of course we will be more then happy to handle any loads of sand bound for Toledo.

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Steve: The engine I have was marketed by Bachmann a few years ago; I do not know if it is still on the market. I believe Model Power and Atlas also marketed this engine many years ago as well. I'm sure a search on eBay will turn up examples of all these models. It doesn't run bad, considering it's Botchmann and only has a wheel-base of a little more than an inch. It's definately useable.

Larry: Currently we interchange the sand to the DT&I who takes it to Delray where it is sent to the D&TSL who takes it finally to the Toledo Terminal. Quite a circuitous routing, to say the least! We will send about twenty loaded sand cars three days a week (M-W-F) for delivery to the Toledo Terminal at the interchange spot of your choice.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Brian,I hope you and yours made it though the storms/tornados ok. I was wondering about you...

Brian,You well the recieving the following trains for interchange:

1.WOM2 from White Oak Mine 43 (MacArthur) to Cleveland docks.2 trains a week.Tuesday/Friday

2.Deer Creek Mining #1,#5,#8 total 3 trains to Springfield,5 days aweek.Monday-Friday to Springfield to our C&LE.

3.Loose car freight to Springfield for our C&LE.

All interchange between C&HV and IN will be made at Athens.

All interchange between C&LE and IN will be made at Springfield.

There should be more coal bound for Springfield as we build up our coal business.

Will you be coming to the Marion train show on Dec.7th??

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Originally posted by brakie
Will you be coming to the Marion train show on Dec.7th??

Survived the tornadoes without a problem, and the INNR appreciates the extra traffic!

When and where is the show? I *think* I can make it.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
The Show will be Saturday December the 7th at the Marion Fairgrounds from 11am-4pm. The easiest way to get there is 15 to 23,23 to Rt4,right on right 4 to fairgrounds street.Turn left onto fairground street go about 4 blocks and the fairground will be on the left...At Main St (rt4) and fairground st ( could be road,but the sign says fairground) there is a hamburger place on the right and a radio store on the left. Turn left and go straight.I think it is the frist or second traffic light you come to coming into Marion.

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Thanks for the support, Robin!

Hmm... Boylerwerx... *CHECK* Gilbert Gravel.... *CHECK* Crazy Ed's.... *CHECK*

Looks like the next one on the list is Robin's (Fill in the Blank)....

I'll get back with ya on that one! ;)