GALACTICA 6551: A fan-made virtual 2nd season of BSG by Revell-Fan

Discussion in 'Off Topic - Card Modeler Lounge' started by Revell-Fan, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Gandolf50 : It was such a lucky incident that he was chosen for three roles in the show. He is such a great actor and had one of the best roles in TOS.

@ASC Mclaren : I have just finished "Voice of the Serpent". I'm pretty much satisfied with it (I will maybe describe Baltar's state of mind a bit clearer but for now it is okay) and have attached the German version of it just for you. ;)

It is a very short episode (that was intentional because it is somewhat a prelude of what's coming later) and is set on Baltar's asteroid. You have to know that in one of the previous episodes a giant glowing crystal has crash-landed near Baltar's camp. It is half-buried in the sand. The crystal is a key plot element which determines the course of the wholse season.

Scan0001c.jpg

A sketch of the shape of a floating version of the crystal in a cave to let you know how it looks.

Baltar has hooked the transmitter he got from Adama to the crystal after he had found out that it is able to boost the strength of the signal. Just before a base star is dropping by Baltar is haunted by an old friend... I recommend to recall John Colicos' portrayal, especially the scenes where you can grasp the insanity of the character (especially when he twitches his mouth corners). Have fun and enjoy! :)

Attached Files:

• 13.pdf
      File size:
      98.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Rhaven Blaack and ASC Mclaren like this.
  2. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Danke!
    Revell-Fan likes this.
  3. Revell-Fan

Short sitrep: Exodus, part II: Awesome. Really bad situation at the end for the crew and the readers because EVERYTHING goes down the drain. Exodus III seems a bit too long but has many great character moments. Baltar in particular is such a fascinating character. First he wants everything, then he gets everything, but that does not please him at all. Working on Exodus IV now.

I have found snippets of another episode which was the predecessor of "Charon" but was set on Earth. It is a crime story and deals with crystal skulls. I called them "Geminisian supplication skulls"; they are fowarded from a mother to her oldest daughter as a wedding gift. Cynthia, a historian from Earth, is very interested in those skulls because they may be a real proof that the 12 colonies and Earth share common roots. When Cassiopeia's Supplication skull is stolen and a fellow historian is killed Apollo and Starbuck team up with Cynthia to find the skull and the killer. Their hunt becomes very creepy when they find out that the killer is alive - and not alive at the very same time: It might be a Golem!

The story was unfinished because of - Indiana Jones (and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull). No kidding. When I learned that the latest movie would deal with crystal skulls I abandoned the idea because I thought that crystal skulls would loose their mythological appeal. Oh well. The idea did not let me go, however, so that I developed "Charon". This episode is set in space and deals with - crystal skulls and murder. However, this episode concentrates on the female leads of Galactica who were a bit neglected during TOS (mainly Athena). The story got even more mysterious (this time it is a ghost hidden inside one of the skulls).

Another story deals with the end of the dinosaurs (also set on Earth): EVOLUTIONS. A giant asteroid is destroyed by Galactica's powerful weapons before it hits Earth. When they want to return to a nearby space station they find nothing. No station, no Earth defense force, no fleet. An away team lands on Earth and is forced to witness that the planet is ruled by dinosaurs, mankind is still in its early stone age stages. Something must have happened in the past that has changed the present. Adama launches into the past to investigate. When the crew learns that they have destroyed the asteroid that was supposed to hit Earth 65 Mio years ago they consider to have a similarly heavy mass crash onto the planet to initiate the end of the dinosaurs and pave the way for mankind's evolution. Just Centons before Galactica is set on a collision course with Earth they find a Cylon Basestar orbiting Saturn: The Cylons travelled through time to stop the evolution of mankind and transported the asteroid into the future. Their time travel was flawed, they were left dead in space unable to return. So the Galactica crew decides to have the Basestar crash on the planet. The basestar crashes, the dinos go extinct, mankind evolves. Galactica returns to the present and everything is fine again - save for one thing: In the final scene some archeologists are digging deep enough to find some residues of a Cylon base ship, crashed 65 Mio years ago...

This story was abandoned because: It made no sense. The characters were so extremely uninteresting. And the show was set in the Galactica 1980 universe (UGH!). But I still have it. ;)

These are the kind of things that happen when you change the direction of your writings. :)
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 12:42 PM
    Rhaven Blaack likes this.
  4. Revell-Fan

The first four pages of the "Dinosaur" episode from 1996 I mentioned above. Posted just for fun. The only pages of the story which have been drawn (with pencil and a fine marker; still incomplete, but, well, at least there is some action ;) ). :)

You may easily notice the striking resemblance to one of the Star Trek: TNG episodes in which the Enterprise destroys an asteroid in the teaser (which in fact served me as a model for this scene). ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 12:27 PM
  5. Revell-Fan

And another one: The teaser of the very first draft of what would become "Experiment in History". This too was supposed to be a "Galactica 1980" episode, called "A Stitch in Time". Again posted here just for fun! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 12:27 PM
  6. Revell-Fan

EDIT: Episode guide updated (link to the German preview of "Voice of the Serpent" added).
  7. Revell-Fan

Sitrep: Exodus IV is a tad too long as well but it is a worthy ending of the whole season. You're gonna love it (and maybe shed some tears, I hope ;) )! :)
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 11:40 PM
  8. Revell-Fan

"The Confession" was slightly refined and is "State of Mind" now (first title was boring, new title fits the story better).