G1 Megatron Papermodel WIP

voltron5

Sorry I haven't replied to this thread in so long. After not seeing this in quite a while and looking at it now all I can think is "good god this thing looks terrible". Megatron wasn't released, I wasn't happy with the overall shape. I am going to be redoing Optimus and Megatron in the style of the Revoltech figures, I found some really good front and side references to model from. I was modeling by eye before which is why it looks so bad:eek:ops: I am making an Animated Wreck-gar at the moment, then after that I am going back and redoing all the models I made in the past (Lion Voltron, Vehicle Voltron which was unreleased, Optimus and Megs)

WickedClownInc

V5, Your killing me man. LMFAO. I'm just now about 85% done with your prime. And your telling me your coming out with another version. I'm going to go ahead and finish him and wait for your next version. Looking forward to it. Will do a side by side comparison. And he definitely needs Megs to compliment him. Thanks a million bro, and looking forward to all of these new and improved versions.

jtkirklin

I cannot wait to see your Vehicle Voltron

Sorry I haven't replied to this thread in so long. After not seeing this in quite a while and looking at it now all I can think is "good god this thing looks terrible". Megatron wasn't released, I wasn't happy with the overall shape. I am going to be redoing Optimus and Megatron in the style of the Revoltech figures, I found some really good front and side references to model from. I was modeling by eye before which is why it looks so bad:eek:ops: I am making an Animated Wreck-gar at the moment, then after that I am going back and redoing all the models I made in the past (Lion Voltron, Vehicle Voltron which was unreleased, Optimus and Megs)

I was watching the show the other day with my 7 year old. He loves to watch all the classic toons with his old man. Some weekends we'll do mini marathons of classic toons. This Saturday is a Mighty Orbots Saturday

lordbandit

is that optimus a model of yours too ??? when would you be releasing megatron? awesome model man keep up the good work... Unicron would be awesome... at he scale you want I'm buildind the optimus prime for paper replika and huge doesn't start the description...

MonkeyRum

I see this thread got bumped. I'm not sure if this orginal model will be completed. I've actualy started a G1 Megatron of my own and am in the beta build process. Should be ready for release in a couple weeks.

megatron_texture_completed_by_monkeyrum-d2yf70a.jpg

Build preview
megatron_1_preview_by_monkeyrum-d320bwu.jpg

megatron_2_preview_by_monkeyrum-d320c3y.jpg

You can follow the entire build thread here:
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/alternate-dimensions/9896-original-megatron.html

MonkeyRum

It seems to be something with the link to papermodelers forum that it doesn't like when I post.

I just won't post the direct link. If you go to my Deviantart site in my sig link and then to the Megatron previews it will have a link to the thread.

Here is the 3D model I built and altered off a Quake base done by Ancient1. It's probably about 80% reworked and new:
megatron_texture_completed_by_monkeyrum-d2yf70a.jpg

Here is a preview of my build so far:
megatron_1_preview_by_monkeyrum-d320bwu.jpg

I actually am further than that pic. The main part is done I'm just working on the scope and arms before the final pics and a release.

MonkeyRum

Well here he is. I know of a lot of people that have been waiting for awhile for a G1 Megatron papercraft. I finished the beta buil this morning and have attached pictures.

He was printed on 65lb cardstock and printed on an HP Laserjet. Original model was for the Transformers Quake player pack and done by G. "Alpha-Prime" Civita (AKA Ancient1). I took and redid about 90% of the 3d model to make it papercraft ready and enhance areas. The texture was done by me by scratch, followed by an unfold in Pepakura. Final model sits 12.5 inches tall (~31.75 cm) and looks sweet.

I'm not going to lie and say it's an easy build. The head is tricky, but doable. I plan to tweak a few bits here in there and then I'll release it.

megatron_papercraft_by_monkeyrum-d32jp2v.jpg

megatron_closer_by_monkeyrum-d32jp67.jpg

hellbringer17

Amazing work! I love it :)

although if you dont mind I have a question: would it be possible to create some extra parts and turn it into a WFC Megatron?

MonkeyRum

It would be another full resculpt to match something like this:
8vyyw6.jpg

and a full retexture. I personally wouldn't even use the G1 as a base as they are so different.

chapsy

Resident Brony
not bad, the templates are done pretty nicely! great texture work!

Might be a little old, but did OP ever come around to finishing the model he was working on? the model work looked incredibly nice from what I saw.
given that the first post was three years ago it might be an abandoned model at this point though :(

Z

Zathros

Did you follow the link above?

http://monkeyrum.deviantart.com/art/...load-185795995

The download link is on the upper right hand side of the page, under "Favorites', it is marked "Download File" , it is a .pdo file, you just need a FREE copy of Pepakura Viewer.

Lots of other goodies on that page. Maybe resurrecting some of these old threads isn't so bad, if you follow them out to their conclusion.