G.I. Joe Resource

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by davis4559, Sep 7, 2006.

1. davis4559

davis4559 Member

Hello All,

Just came across a really great resource for all things GI joe. Has images of original toys as well as blueprints for each toy. Here is the link http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/. Would be nice to see some G.I. joe themed paper models.

Enjoy
    John
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

You know you are getting old when.....................

The G.I. Joe you used to play with................

a. was the same size as the Barbie your sister played with.

b. came with either an Army, Navy, Marines or Air Force uniform.

c. came with copies of REAL guns, hand grenades, pistols and canteens

d. never even heard of Cobra Commander

john
  3. 3Turner

3Turner Member

:rolleyes: aw man...the memories
  4. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Here in Brit-Land, it was Action Man. I understand he is just about to celebrate his 40th birthday. Sheesh....

I had the jet pilot who had a great parachute pack, unfortunately delivered filled with a wad of unrolled corrugated carboard. Boy was I disappointed at that! NO ACTUAL PARACHUTE!!!!! The bazooka and mortar were great fun though!

Tim P (wunwinglow)
  5. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Seems to me I've seen that site, too. John, now you're making me feel old, although I never did have my own Joe (played with my friends' joes.) The one I had back then was Major Matt Mason, anyone remember him? His equipment might make for some interesting models too. I seem to recall a Hako of Matt available somewhere, too.

Scott K.
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I had em.

I had the Jeep and a friend had the tank which was motorized.

I still kick my own arse when I missed out on the DDay 50th Anniversary GI Joe for $100 mint.

I just jumped on Ebay and noticed someone was selling a complete set of GI Joe Sgt Rock Easy Company Set. $120cdn.

I also had both the 6Million Dollar Man and his nemesis Maskatron. Good times.
  7. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

Last year for a surprise present for my brother, I bought and restored an Adventure Team Helicopter and got him a Black AT repro fig like he used to have (had to add the scar). Except what came with the chopper, everything was scratchbuilt including (but not limited to):

Rotor blade end cap and rubber piece
    sanding and polishing of the plexiglass windshield
    winch and hook
    tail stabilizer and repair of the "hoop"
    new joystick
    landing skids and supports
    new base for the control console
    new decal for the control panel and stickers

Here's the before and after:

Attached Files:

8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

ARMORMAN............. that was neat........... you did a great job..........I'm sure he appreciated it, if not the line forms behind me!:grin:
  9. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

omg armorman ... I remember that helo.

I had that as well. I remember my parents bought it for me and when we got it home from a family trip we found it was missing the tail girder. We wrote away for it and got it in the mail.

:)

Thank you for the pictures. thank you.
  10. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

I now have 2 more helicopters to restore. one is in a little better condition than the one I got for my brother ($1.25 on ebay). and the other was given to me and is in dire need of a complete overhaul (all rotor blades are broken, skids are all snapped, no windshield, no tail assembly).
  11. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

I now have 2 more helicopters to restore. one is in a little better condition than the one I got for my brother ($1.25 on ebay). and the other was given to me and is in dire need of a complete overhaul (all rotor blades are broken, skids are all snapped, no windshield, no tail assembly).
  12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I had fond memories of squeezing the blades button and getting hit in the face by the rubber tipped blades every hard after spinning them up fast and trying to pretend it was flying.

Ahhh the memories.
  13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I had fond memories of squeezing the blades button and getting hit in the face by the rubber tipped blades every hard after spinning them up fast and trying to pretend it was flying.

Ahhh the memories.
  14. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

DFJ!~ It looks pretty good........... I wish I had one:grin:

john