G Gauge in a bookcase

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Here's a close up :D

Now I'm wondering if it would be worth ti, to buy the rollers so I could make it run inside the dispaly case.

I'm also trying to decide on some sort of background & scenery. I already thought of mirror for the background, but I want something different.. Any ideas???????

Attachments

• closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 219

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Funny Thoughts

Seeing as how it is a lone engin, how about a roundhouse in the back.

My first thought was a nice mountain range.

Why not make a couple of lights out of some old x-mas tree lights, you know, the large out door kind. Just make a blind for the bulb out of tin and paint them black.

Myserlf, I would make 2 little spotlights and mount one in each top corner of the case.

Mabie add a couple of engineers with oil cans lubin' up the drives.

If you want to make it like an outdoor scene, then put a picture in the back of some farm land, put some overgrown grass by the track, add a rustic fence accross the back with a broken part, put the train to the left side of the case and have a cow standing on the track in front of it eating the grass. And of course the farmer and one of the engineers and the fireman would be having a discussion. The conductor is checking his watch, a little girl is tempting her pet cow with some flowers, and the other farm kids are standing on the fence laughing and pointing.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Mikey, so why couldn't you get the tender in as well:D get a bigger display case:D and bring back the wife LOL

Shamus
waver.gif

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by rich maiorano
So Mikey when did the Wife leave:eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Rich

She was upstairs on her computer, when I "snuck" it onto the shelf.. :D :D She didn't notice it for 2 days :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D

TrainClown -- I like the "cow idea" -- Good reason for the train to be stopped!!

Shamus - No, I cant fit a tender in the case, But!!!! If I cut the "el-cheapo" tender that came with it in half - I could make the engine "come out of a tunnel" & get stopped by the "cow' -- We're getting somewhere now, I think......

Any more ideas?? :D :D :D

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Re: Funny Thoughts

Originally posted by TrainClown

If you want to make it like an outdoor scene, then put a picture in the back of some farm land, put some overgrown grass by the track, add a rustic fence accross the back with a broken part, put the train to the left side of the case and have a cow standing on the track in front of it eating the grass. And of course the farmer and one of the engineers and the fireman would be having a discussion. The conductor is checking his watch, a little girl is tempting her pet cow with some flowers, and the other farm kids are standing on the fence laughing and pointing.

Just thought of somethin.... I'm going to have to hire a couple LPP's (Engineer & Conductor & Fireman) to just "Stand around & argue"??? Don't nobody tell them they will be getting minimum wages.. :) :) :D (I've been assimulated by Jon) ROFL

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Here's how it all started :)

Early One spring morning at the Baldwin locomotive Works in Eddystone, PA. We find engine No. 10 (Sold to the MF&W RR) being delayed by an errant Bovine. Seems that during the night, Clairabell wandered off the grazing pasture and decided to do some rail fanning.

She wandered into the Loco works property & found the brand new, still not detailed, No 10 Engine waiting just outside the erecting shops. In the background can be seen the Main Office Building along with Engine 4330 - not painted yet.

The engine crew and the Photographer of the BLW and his Wife & Child found the misguided cow. The Photographer, Bill "Kodak" Kodiak (that's him behind the engine) was aggravated, as he, his wife Jane and Daughter (Hiding behind her mother) were going on a picnic and wanted to get an early start.

The plan was for the Engineer, "Casey" Stephenson along with the Fireman, Fred Grant, were supposed to pull the engine out of the building & set a pose so Kodak could get a nice shot of No 10 with the morning sun.... The Baldwin Locomotive Employee, Benny Grand, is noticeably trying not to look at his watch yet again.......

Looks like they might have to get hold of Mr. Caruthers to take his carousing cow back to the farm and try to get the picture again tomorrow morning.

~~~~~ Thanks to Tileguy and TrainClown :) :)

~~~ The "Before" pics are above :D

Attachments

• bookcase1web1.jpg
    bookcase1web1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 132

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Shocked!

How dare you call me a plain clown! I'll have you know I'm a very interesting clown. ;) LOL

I use to live beside an air port, now I live beside the track. I like planes, but I'm crazy for trains. (and I did have a good chuckle)

one more pic of a train I made

Attachments

• copy of trainclown's train.jpg
    copy of trainclown's train.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 26

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Re: Shocked!

Originally posted by TrainClown
How dare you call me a plain clown! I'll have you know I'm a very interesting clown. ;) LOL

I use to live beside an air port, now I live beside the track. I like planes, but I'm crazy for trains. (and I did have a good chuckle)

one more pic of a train I made
seen that one... That's the one I like :) :)

Plane clown???? -- No, I don't think so either.. ROFL!!!