FW190 D-9 GPM 11/2004

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by bfam4t6, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Nice, an almost totally rigid framework! Looking forward to following progress on this one. - L.
  2. Atomsk

Atomsk Member

I've had similar ideas for a "keel", to hold the fuselage formers in allignment, and provide a placeto attach the ends of the individual skin parts.

Great minds think alike :)
  3. barry

barry Active Member

Back to the old days of stick and stringers and "Keil Kraft" but it's a good idea and nice looking build again.

barry
  4. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Ok call me crazy, but I am contemplating making the gears on this model retractable. However, I can't figure out how they work in real life so that I can apply it ot the model :lol: . Basically I need someone to point out the joints to me. I'm not sure which areas whould be movable and which shouldn't. I took pictures of the gear instructions from the kit. You can see them here....http://photobucket.com/albums/v443/bfam4t6/landing gear/( you'll need the password-cardmodels.net Also, the pictures are in the landing gear album)There is also a picture that I drew with my question on how parts move. Does 24a move like diagram #1 or #2. Also, does 24d need to be able to move at all? I know my picture is rather horrible but if you can follow it and know how this gear works please let me know. Once I know this information then I think I know how I can make it work. :D To be honest I think the hardest part will be keeping myself focused. Knowing me I'll get sick of it after one gear and start building something else. We shall see I guess. I'll definitely keep everyone updated.[/url]
  5. 57townsman

57townsman Member

6. charliec

charliec Active Member

7. 57townsman

57townsman Member

FW190 D-9 GPM 11/2004

Hi Charlie,

That's a great link you provided :D My conclusions were based solely on the photos, at least I got it partially right :oops: So the cylinder is really a gas spring to help lock the gear when its down. Very cool.

Thanks,
    Steve
  8. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Great! Thank you guys. That is exactly what I needed. I have just started work on the cockpit, so it will be awhile before I start building the wings and the landing gears, but I will start messing around with different ideas very soon. I guess i'll be making a trip to kinkos for lots of extra photocopies of parts :lol:
  9. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Progress is going very slowly, but I have managed to do a little. I should hopefully finish up the cockpit in the next few days. So far I have the seat, the rudder pedals, and the joystick in place. I also have the machine gun bay about half done. It still needs the machine guns :lol: I only have two complaints so far. First of all, 14 pieces, most of them being left and right doubles of the other, are printed on the backside of one of the instruction pages. I know most of you guys scan your kits for backups before you build them anyways, but for me, this seems really stupid and annoying. Oh well. I solved the problem by taking several pictures of the instructions so that all hope is not lost when it comes time to cut those pieces out. Also, there is a slight fit problem in with the machine gun bay. It will be explained in the photos. Everyting else is top notch! :D

P.S. Most of you probably already guessed, but Kinkos would not copy anything becuase of copyright laws. I guess I'll need a scanner after all.
  10. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

11. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Very nice detailing, Dustin. And what a task to build that landing gear detractable! - L.