FW-190 1/50 by Marek from DeWaynes Models

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by barry, Jan 1, 2005.

1. barry

barry Active Member

Hi

A bit of fun it actually caused mre more trouble than the 1/33 I finally threw away most of the formers. I added a canopy just to be awkward and painted the cockpit area black. It looks allright from a distance I will have to play with different weights of cardboard and paper I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

barry
  2. barry

barry Active Member

FW 190

Hi

Added a bit more in a semi dazed fashion the colour matching is not that good. Irrespective of my building it's a convincing looking little model with a wingspan of about 9 inches. It was a lot easier with straight wings for a change.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The canopy was built ignoring the nicks taken out of the top square section and just bent to the nearest shape it seems to have worked at this scale anyway. No boiling water no incantations. Personally I prefer it to the blue paper even if ther are no cockpit details.

This time I used standard Yellow tube UHU it does not cause ripples in the wing trailing edge.

barry
  3. barry

barry Active Member

Finished more or less

Hi All

Thought I might as well inflict the finished model on you. As usual it's good value for entertainment. Should have taken a lot more care with it on the under belly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

barry