Funny Ha-Ha

DeckRoid

For the past month or so, I have been retreating out to my layout in the garage 2 to 3 times a week after the wee babes are in bed. I always tell my wife what I am going to work on that night. (ie I'm going to be laying some track tonight, I'm going to do some wiring... that kind of thing.)

Last night, I got the feeling that she had long since stopped listening past "Honey, I'm going out to the garage to". I thought I would test her.

"Honey, I'm going out to the garage to do some grass."

She didn't hear me. When I was relating this to some friends we met for breakfast I got a quick KICK under the table.

It was well worth it.

George

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Perhaps now she'll listen a little more closely. Next time say something like, "Hon, I'm going out to the garage to wrap your christmas presents!" Selective hearing:mrgreen:... mine does it too.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
sign1sign1
dont feel bad,my wife does the same thing to me :mrgreen:,the only thing i EVER hear in return is: before you do that... or just dont stay out too late....ugh the only time she does care is if others are coming over and THEN shes woried about how she looks how the house looks,etc...--josh

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
The spouse of a model railroader might think "I'm going to do some grass" merely means "I'm making some scenary". :)
Ralph

Mountain Man

An ambassador once felt the same way about the attention spans of guests in receiving lines. He tested it by smiling sincerely, shaking their hands and murmuring "I murdered my wife today."

Not a single person noticed except one, who replied: "I'm sure she deserved it."

sign1