Fundraiser for Cardmodels.net

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Apr 10, 2007.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

A subscription is defintely out - we want the site to remain free for everyone (when I say we, I mean Rick and Peter - this comes from another discussion thread - I am just a mod here - they are the head honchos)

I would not want to do this more than once a year at most - otherwise it will become just asking for money again.

That being said, here is what I WOULD like to see happen. I know we have some budding designers on here as Barry, Yaniv and Phil are proving quite well. I think it would be great if some people designed a model that would be given to those people that donate. Kind of an exclusive offering. Granted there is nothing preventing them from distributing it at a later date if they so desired but I think that would be totally awesome.
    Chris
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

A subscription is defintely out - we want the site to remain free for everyone (when I say we, I mean Rick and Peter - this comes from another discussion thread - I am just a mod here - they are the head honchos)

I would not want to do this more than once a year at most - otherwise it will become just asking for money again.

That being said, here is what I WOULD like to see happen. I know we have some budding designers on here as Barry, Yaniv and Phil are proving quite well. I think it would be great if some people designed a model that would be given to those people that donate. Kind of an exclusive offering. Granted there is nothing preventing them from distributing it at a later date if they so desired but I think that would be totally awesome.
    Chris
  3. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hmmm...dunno about the exclusive offering. That would sort of divide us into a two class society.

I can afford to lash out a few bucks every year to support this group, others can't, but I would not like to see them locked out of the benefits of this site.
  4. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hmmm...dunno about the exclusive offering. That would sort of divide us into a two class society.

I can afford to lash out a few bucks every year to support this group, others can't, but I would not like to see them locked out of the benefits of this site.
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

How would it divide us into a two class society? Do you know who donated this time? If you do, how did you get my paypal password? :p heh heh Of course it could be a super secret society that only my inner circle know about MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Seriously though, it would be like buying any cardmodel from any designer or publisher - the profits would just go to the site.
    Chris
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

How would it divide us into a two class society? Do you know who donated this time? If you do, how did you get my paypal password? :p heh heh Of course it could be a super secret society that only my inner circle know about MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Seriously though, it would be like buying any cardmodel from any designer or publisher - the profits would just go to the site.
    Chris
  7. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

10$ USD a year per person would make $48,820. We'd have enough buy a Cardmodels.net-mobile (lol).
  8. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

10$ USD a year per person would make $48,820. We'd have enough buy a Cardmodels.net-mobile (lol).
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

That goes back to the subscription - wont happen ;)

HOWEVER We could probably build a lifesize cardmodels.net-mobile if you can get peter to use that money for supplies ;)
    Chris
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

That goes back to the subscription - wont happen ;)

HOWEVER We could probably build a lifesize cardmodels.net-mobile if you can get peter to use that money for supplies ;)
    Chris
  11. DrBill

DrBill Member

Why not a "donations" button placed inconspicuously on the home page? Those who want to donate will; those who don't (or can't) will still have access to all the benefits of the site. It seems to work for the open source movement -- and this site is the closest thing I can think of to open source for card modeling.
  12. DrBill

DrBill Member

Why not a "donations" button placed inconspicuously on the home page? Those who want to donate will; those who don't (or can't) will still have access to all the benefits of the site. It seems to work for the open source movement -- and this site is the closest thing I can think of to open source for card modeling.
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Who said anybody would be losing access to benefits of the website? Nothing would change for anyone that doesnt donate. Nor would anything change for anyone that does donate. A donate button has been discussed and hopefully peter will put one when the new server is up and runnin!
    Chris
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Who said anybody would be losing access to benefits of the website? Nothing would change for anyone that doesnt donate. Nor would anything change for anyone that does donate. A donate button has been discussed and hopefully peter will put one when the new server is up and runnin!
    Chris
  15. DrBill

DrBill Member

Just responding to the comment about an exclusive offering. I think a "donations" button would be great.
  16. DrBill

DrBill Member

Just responding to the comment about an exclusive offering. I think a "donations" button would be great.
  17. rwguess

rwguess Member

i personally would have no problem buying a cardmodels.net logo coffee cup logo item

you guys should consider cardmodel logo items

i want my cardmodel logo coffee cup now!!!

:grin:
  18. rwguess

rwguess Member

i personally would have no problem buying a cardmodels.net logo coffee cup logo item

you guys should consider cardmodel logo items

i want my cardmodel logo coffee cup now!!!

:grin:
  19. rickstef

rickstef Guest

OK, let me clone myself, and i will get right on it

Rick
  20. rickstef

rickstef Guest

OK, let me clone myself, and i will get right on it

Rick