Fun on Saturday Night

spitfire

This weekend I went to visit my relatives in New Hamburg and Baden Ontario. My cousin Adrienne's husband Greg is a member of the Baden Model RR club and he opened it up to give me a tour. The club has a website here with some very cool photos and a trackplan. Since I didn't bring my tripod there were only a few photo's that turned out. Here's my favourite shot.

Attachments

• baden04.jpg
    baden04.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 158

spitfire

While the club was very cool, the real treat of the night was going back to Adrienne and Greg's to see some of his amazing diorama's. We are talking super-detailed to the max - astonishing realism!

Attachments

• greg_01.jpg
    greg_01.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 159

spitfire

Not only does Greg kitbash FSM kits, he also does amazing scratchbuilding as well. This is a model of their house circa 1908.

Attachments

• greg_08.jpg
    greg_08.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 157

spitfire

Greg has a wacky sense of humour as you'll see if you check out his diorama of Captain Nemo's Seafood Emporium. Here's a shot from the water.

That blurry thing in the foreground is the Nautilus submarine. My shot of it didn't turn out but you can see it on Greg's diorama page.

Attachments

• greg_04.jpg
    greg_04.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 153

spitfire

And finally, here's one that I added a Photoshop sky to. Somehow the mayonnaise jar in the original background detracted from the realism. Check out those details, the weathering - fantastic!

Attachments

• greg_10.jpg
    greg_10.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 153

Russ Bellinis

Awesome! I can't afford FSM kits myself. The idea of spending that much to do a kitbash with it, is kind of like buying a brass locomotive to kitbash into the model you really wanted.

interurban

WOW!!!! Val there is a lot of talent in your family.
Excellent Modeling
Thanks for sharing your visit ;)

Detail Is every thing:)

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Nice work!
I've always liked the Disney version of the Nautilus, and would someday like to build it in HO scale. If memory serves me, Verne mentioned the length of Nautilus at 70 meters, rough guesstimate, about 2.6 feet in HO scale(229.5'). I'd also like to build a model of the FRAM II Sumner class DD that was the first ship I served in. That would be almost five feet long! I can see it in an HO scale drydock module.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
That looks like a great club layout. I love the sense of humour... Cemetery in the "dead" centre, the Avro Arrow parts at the junk yard, and the Red Rocket in Baden! :D

There's alot of good photos in there that would be great for this month's competition too - lots of "magic" going on...

These guys llok like they place a lot of value on having fun, which is, of course, the way it should be.

Thanks for sharing Val.

Andrew

Ben H

Spitfire you have a super model maker in the family. His work is wonderful and the club looks like a a great group of railroaders.

Nice to have a permanent location - something we are still looking to do. Likely we will have to wait until after the NMRA show and convention in Seattle - July 2004 -

Then maybe sell ours (the one you visited) and possible build a brand new sectional layout pending a permanent location.

Thanks for the link I have sent it on to some of my club mates.

Blaine