Frieght Car of the Week PT 5: Auto Haulers/Piggybacks

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
I know its not Sunday, but I have to work tomorrow morning.
So..Lets see those Auto Haulers and piggybacks.
Pic must be yours.

Here's mine. You've seen them in the background of my pics, so here they are.Up close and personal.
Athearn Auto-Max's

Attachments

• automaxx.jpg
    automaxx.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 176

doctorwayne

And here's one of mine. It may be the great step-grandfather to that Auto-Max, although it's only a forty-footer. The car is an Accurail singlesheathed 9 panel boxcar, with an added half-door from the Standard Car Co. division of New England Rail Service. Upgraded with the usual steps and grabs, plus some basic brake rigging. Paint is Floquil, with dry transfer lettering from C-D-S.

100_5629.jpg

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Autoracks!!!

GREAT CALL eightyeightfan1!!!:thumb: :D , BTW, i am DROOLING over your AUTO-MAX!:thumb:, and Marks Rio Grande autorack!!!:thumb: thanks to you guys:rolleyes: , now i gotta surf the net to find those so I can get them:D . Wayne & nutbar, AWESOME examples of "early" auto/truck carriers:thumb: :D . i have 3 "different" UP autoracks pictured below:D . View attachment 30164 View attachment 30165 View attachment 30166

Attachments

• AR1.JPG
    AR1.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 163
  • AR2.JPG
    AR2.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 162
  • AR3.JPG
    AR3.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 167

chessie4155

Great looking pics everyone. Keep em coming.
Here's the St. Louis Trailer Jet.

Attachments

• 941 (Small).JPG
    941 (Small).JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 160

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Great pictures everyone, I don't have any rail cars to contribute to this thread though:cry: :cry:

Chessie4155, I like those UPS Parcel Service Trailers.:thumb: :thumb:

doctorwayne

Sorry I still don't have any new photos to post. Here's a "Big Four" automobile boxcar, built from a Train Miniature plugdoor boxcar. Floquil paint, and C-D-S lettering.

100_5496.jpg

Wayne

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Here ya go UP.
Wish you hadn't drooled on the camera lens.
Another set of Athearn Auto Maxes.

Attachments

• automax2.jpg
    automax2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 146

UP SD40-2

eightyeightfan1 said:
Here ya go UP.
Wish you hadn't drooled on the camera lens.
Another set of Athearn Auto Maxes.
MORE AUTO-MAXES!!!:eek::thumb::D SURE, just keep twisting the knife in my sidetooth1 hamr :D -Deano

MilesWestern

Funny how far Auto racks have come, and yet not far at all, they went from CN Nutbars, and even Dr. Wayne's ENCLOSED boxcars, they became skeleton cars, they gradually put steel paneling back on them, and then they became enclosed again, with the new CN stainless steel auto racks, which BTW are WAAAAY cool! :thumb: Does anyone make a model of those?