Friday the 29th of Sept. Any Gifts?

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

No modeling last night. It was our fifteenth wedding anniversary so we had a gift exchange and then it was off to football practice.

What if any model railroad related gifts have you gotten?

For my anniversary my kids got me a spinning paint rack that holds about 100 paint bottles which I promptly filled. Over the years I have gotten kits and built-up structures. Last Christmas I got a bunch of track which was just what I needed at the time.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
i got a pocket watch with a steamer on it from my wife(now ex wife:rolleyes: ), and when i moved back up to WI from FL, my dad gave me his ONLY UP engine, a DD35A:thumb: :D -Deano

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I rarely get model trains as gifts and that's OK with me as I was raised to be very diplomatic about all gifts I receive. Don't know how I'd work one of those snow capped styrofoam tunnels into my scenery...and those cute little Jello cars are just darling.:eek:ops: I've been given some as "Thank yous" for services rendered including a brass C&S HOn3 Mogul and an FSM sawmill.

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
I think I finaly got everyone in my family to understand..Before, they were always asking me what I wanted and my pat answer was always, if you get me anything get me a gift certificate from the LHS. For my Birthday Yesterday I got a gift certificate for the LHS :thumb: :thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Nothing to speak about. A few years ago my wife bought me some structure kits, that's about it. No one knows what I want or need more than I do, so that's how I get the stuff I have now.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
My family does get me RR-related gifts, but most are either from a list that I have (created because people kindly do not want to get "the wrong thing"), or books. One of the best I have received is CN luggage tags from the 1930s that my great-grandfather used. Another is a CNR MOW handbook my Dad found for me on eBay... :thumb:

Andrew

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I've received a Pennsy P2K SD-9, a few freight cars, Microsoft Train Simulator, and a large crane as gifts from my wife who seems to be on first name basis with my LHS dealer! :)

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
Thats the way forward Ralph, my wife is also on first name terms with my LHS owner, in fact she takes the store baking at Christmas (so is a very popular visitor). The most amazing RR gift that she got me was when she was on a cross-canada project and was in Saskatoon, where she found and bought (being aware that this was one of my "locomotives I'd love but will never own" list) a Minitrix N scale Ce 6/8 Crocodile!! whata suprise that was when she returned from her trip

Graham