Friday Oct 20 Fallen Flags

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Being from the southwest, one would think the ATSF would be my first choice, but not so. Given a choice, I have to go with seeing the PRR come back to life. I grew up in NJ and always thought that the PRR was a class act. Even as a kid I liked everything about the line. Unfortunately though, I don't own one piece of PRR gear.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
N Gauger said:
Easy one - - PRR for me - - I grew up 3 blocks from the Northeast Corrider :) :)

Easy for me too Mikey, the NY Central...I grew up a few blocks away from the West Shore Line. Hmmmm, say what if our two favorite roads merged and formed one great super railroad? sign1
Ralph

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
shaygetz said:
The Pennsy and the mighty Beano...what, were there any others?
.................... If you can tell the difference between Tuscan Red... and Brown! You might be a PRR fan..... sign1 sign1 sign1

.................. If the roof on your house is Brunswick Green ..... NOT BLACK!!!!! You might be a PRR fan........ sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Very easy to answer: the Milwaukee Road. Why? It's all about the revenue. The Milwaukee just missed the Power River Basin coal boom. Had they hung on another five years they'd have been very well positioned to extend themselves into southern Montana and tap the very profitable coal business.

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Everyone knows how much I like BN, but I think I would actually go with CNW. I live in a Chicago burb, and the CNW would be quite local to me, along with the UP line we have now

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Oooo, hard question...Hmm, would have to be the Milwaukee Road, or CNW:thumb: , BOTH had mainlines that ran right through town;)...Ahh...days gone by... :D -Deano