Friday, Another Strong Begining. Stop In, Have A Visit And A Cup

Shay Driver

Sep 5, 2002
Kyle, Texas
Visit site
Howdy Hi Everyone,

The doughnuts are on the table. The coffee, tea, hot chocolate (HC), and juice are there, also.

Hi Andrew, welcome aboard. Your old mug is in the back room someplace. It sure is good to have you here. :cool: :cool:

Wolv, I'll order some chocolate milk. All I need to know is about how many gallons a week you will be drinking. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Remember there is hot chocolate on the table.

I received an E-mail from Debbie this morning saying that their Norton Detective has found a virus almost every day for the last two weeks, both at the store and at home. They have been very busy with David's Father and are pretty much wrung out. She did say that they hope to be posting again soon and that she misses "all those rascals" :p :D here and at the Blue Note. It might be time for a few more prayers for David's Dad and for D&D.

Brakie it must be Mr. Feedwater's head warmer :eek::D a doin' that eatin' because Fifi and Havoc have not been in this new room yet.

Put a train in your life today.

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Morning,

Friday at last! Now I can get some serious modeling done.

Made an order with NS trains yesterday for 2 Bachmann Plus diesel maint buildings. These will be the main buildings for the new diesel servicing facility. The rest will be made up of Walthers and Rix/Pikestuff buildings.

Nelson, probably 4 gallons a week should do it. Might want to keep some 2% on hand too. A couple gallons of that, unless others are gonna want some-then I would do 4.

She also told me that I need to sleep more. I told her I have a lot of work to do and I can get it done at night, since it is a lot quieter and the net is not so heavily-trafficed then. It didn't fly. She said I need at least 6 hours of sleep each day. So.............

Guess I gotta sleep more. Lovely!

Debbie and David, I will keep your Dad in my prayers.

As far as the virus goes. Take both systems off-line....get the latest virus definitions from Symantec.com, install them, and then clean both systems.

Chances are the virus came from an email. I use Netscape email and IE for my browser. The Netscape email client allows me to look at my email, WITHOUT actually opening it up. And since most viruses are targeted toward Microsoft products nowadays, OE or even Outlook, would not be the best choice to use for email.

I can also right click on any "suspicious" message and look at the source. Usually if you see a block of extended ascii characters, and it is NOT a file attachment nor an inline image, it is more than likely a virus. To test that theory, I often save the message to the hard drive, and whammo, my antivirus picks it up and deletes it.

Hope that helps.

Have a good morning y'all!

Later.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Morning All.....Coffee and a glazed for me.
Got the night off.Doing a little work on the trains, and a little shopping with the better half who took a vaykay day today.(Exscuse to stop off at the LHS?)
Prayers go out to Debbie and David from the 88/18 home.

Something I do with e-mail. I don't know who it is...I delete it. But I do have Norton installed and at least once a month I do a virus scan.

Have a great railroading day.........

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks,

I will take a strong cup of coffee and some donuts this morning. I need caffeine and sugar in high doses. Last day of training her at work. Got to make it through without falling asleep. I am worn out from being drug all over the neighborhood last evening by Princess Jasmine and Spider-man. I have got a dentist’s nightmare sitting in three bowls on the kitchen counter. Last night’s loot. So here is a bowl of Hershey bars, and Reese's cups.

Needless to say no modeling got done last night. Here is hoping for tonight.

Dave and Debbie my prayers go with you.

I hope everyone has a good day.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Good Morning Nelson,Good Morning all!

I kinda figured it was that furball of Mr. Feedwaters that got my donuts.

Man alive I about froze last night as it got down to 29 degrees.Time to break out the coveralls for the winter.

Now where did I put that coffee cup? AHH! There it is.Now for some good coffee to warm up with and then off to bed.

Have a nice day all! :D

John Albee

Oct 29, 2002
Visit site
Happy morning to all of you!
Deb/David, we'll keep Dad in our prayers for sure!

Nice to see a list of mods and the beginning of the new forum soon.
I like this, it's well done, but don't know much about this venue.
Y'all have a great one!

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Nelson, is there an unclaimed seat I can take?
We had a low turnout last night, still have about half of our 72 Crunchie bars; please get me an unglazed donut and decaf. Temperature here hasn't gone below freezing yet, but there is snow north of us and a few flakes blowing; black ice on one of the expressways.

SUNSHINE! WE'VE GOT BLUE SKIES AND SUNSHINE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 10 DAYS!

Of course, rain and clouds are in the forecast for Sunday and every day next week...:eek: :eek: :(

I have a lot of work to do outside today. I hope it warms up soon. Right now the temp's an even 32. I'm not ready for all of this cold weather.... it's too early in the season.

I got the decking finished on a flat car last night. This one will carry pipe and steel loads as part of the OVT & L's MoW train.

David and Debbie, you're in my thoughts and in my prayers.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Hi everyone...

So the weather is the topic for today... Just a dusting of snow here near the nation's (that would be Canada) capital this morning. Getting snow tires put on the car today though...!

With any luck I will have two NYC (actual NYC, not Phil's) USRA style hoppers to park on the track near the engine house so coal can be loaded into the tenders of my steamers. Being the 20s and 30s on my layout, someone suggested that I hire some poor out of work guy to shovel coal, rather than some fancy coaling tower with loading/unloading facilities, etc, etc... That's an easy model "work-around"!

Andrew

Tankertoad70

Oct 19, 2002
Oregon City, OR
Visit site
Friday already!!!!:eek:

Well, nice and cool day here in the NW and a hot, black cuppa will be great.:D

I noticed upon coming into the Breakroom that something furry ran out as I openned the door, and it was carryin' a donut.:confused: What's a goin' on:confused:

clumber

Good evening all.
A wet start to the weekend, so its batten down the hatches and do some modeling.
I see Don has met Sherry then, I guessed she must have been in the Brakeroom, her chops were covered in jam.
At least my cup is still in there, its the orange and black one!

Don't get much chance to get on the old 'pooter since my wife 'discovered' EBay!
All the best.
Brian