Friday, Another Strong Begining. Stop Have A Visit

Shay Driver

Howdy Hi Gaugers,

Flap jacks, maple syrup, sausage, bacon, and corn bread is what is on the table today. The EG and coffee are hot and the juice is cold.

Hi Tom aka Papa Smurf. Debbie saved, along with the Jug, all the mugs so yours should be a hanging on a peg.

Trainchaser how the heck are you? Careful, you almost stepped on Mr. Feedwater's cap. :eek: :( :eek:

60103 welcome to the Brakeroom.

Debbie and David he is in my prayers.

Phil I shall be waiting for the mailman with a mop and a bucket. :D :rolleyes: :D

Brakie, nope to the coon dog, Havoc and Fifi are quite enough thank you. 'Sides the "cap" is right respectful to me. :) :cool: It appreciates a dry place away from that steam powered Sea Doo. :D :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: :D

Lay track and run trains.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks,

What’s this I am the first one? No unlicked donuts and no cap running loose. Man this is great.

Cold and rainy around the Delaware Valley today. Hopefully the weekend will be nice.

No modeling done again last night. This has been one long dry spell. To the ex RR-Liners I have opened the Pandora’s box and may have rekindled the great paint debate over in the Technical Q&A section.

Picked up two P2K Chessie SD-7s on Ebay last night for $27.50 each. Although I did get out bid on a pink hopper.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Drew1125

Mornin' everybody!
Stayin' home with a sick kid today...:(
It's a cold, rainy day here in the River City...been up for 3hrs now...already finished off the first pot, & contemplating the idea of makin' some more...it's a good day to stay in & daydream about model railroading...in fact, I don't have to go back to work until Tues., so I might just find a little time to DO SOME MODELING!!
Have a great day, everyone!!

davidstrains

Good morning all,

It is great to be in the company of really good folks. A plate of the jacks, some bacon, juice and a cuppa that coffee will start the day off just right. :) No more looking over the shoulder around DC:) :)

We are putting up Haloween decorations today so the layout takes a back seat until the weekend - which is right around the corner:D :D

Have a good day:)

Good morning, everyone. This is our third straight day of chilly, rainy weather. We need the rain, but I'm not ready for the cold yet.

I'm headed back to the Lake later this morning. At least it's still warm(er) there than here. I need to finish winterizing my boat and a water pump on my dock. After that, there will be a gazilliion leaves to clean off the yard. Ahhh, the joys of fall.... :rolleyes:

I wonder if I'll have time to work on a model.:confused: :rolleyes:

Hi All!! Another wet, dreary AM in Central Pa.... Casey, I wish all I had to rake was leaves.. once it dries out this weekend its off to gather black walnuts out of the yard. We have a monstrous black walnut tree that offers awesome shade in the summer and drops immense piles of walnuts all over the yard in the fall....Last week my son and I gathered 42! 5-gallon buckets of the stuff. I think I'll try the snow shovel to get rid of this next batch!:eek: :eek:
If it wasn't for the shade, that tree would be G-O-N-E!!:D :D

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Originally posted by Matt Probst
Hi All!! Another wet, dreary AM in Central Pa.... Casey, I wish all I had to rake was leaves.. once it dries out this weekend its off to gather black walnuts out of the yard. We have a monstrous black walnut tree that offers awesome shade in the summer and drops immense piles of walnuts all over the yard in the fall....Last week my son and I gathered 42! 5-gallon buckets of the stuff. I think I'll try the snow shovel to get rid of this next batch!:eek: :eek:
If it wasn't for the shade, that tree would be G-O-N-E!!:D :D

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

I know exactly what you're talking about, Matt. Except in my case, it's acorns and not walnuts. I have over 20 mature white oaks in the yard, and about every other year or so we seem to have bumper crop of acorns. I rake those things and haul them over to the woods by the wheelbarrow load until my arms feel like they're going to fall off. :eek: :eek:

But like yourself, we sure love the shade of those trees in the summer.:rolleyes: :)

brakie

Good Morning Nelson,Good Morning all!

The last 2 nights at work I been as busy as a 2 headed woodpecker in a bucket of worms! No let up in trucks to unload..I should be in bed but,wanted some flap jacks,sausage, and coffee as it smells delicious and I can not pass up such a delicacy.

Well,guys & gals I manage to have the frist true head on on the layout..I was moving one unit and started to move the 2nd unit forgetting the 1st. AHHH the joys of DCC operation and the lack of sleep (read getting old and feeble minded ) :eek: :D

Have a great day all! :D

There's an acorn tree nearby as well, but the deer take care of them for me! They don't touch black walnuts though:(
Which reminds me...Only 38 days until the start of Pennsylvania's Official State Holiday of "Deer Season"!:) :) All the schools will close for the first day...

(Mmmmmmmm......Venison....)

:D :D If I'm lucky this year I'll send out some deer jerkey made with my new smoker!! Try it, You'll like it!!!:cool: :D :cool: :D

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Tankertoad70

Greetin's all ya out there in forum land. Time for a nice hot cuppa. Frosty here in the Willamette Valley this mornin', but clear. Oughta be another nice day.:D

Casey, when we lived in Rapid City we had a black walnut tree in our yard. The bloomin' squirrels would sit in that puppy, and I swear, would aim those walnuts at folks, then 'bombs away.' Our Tom liked sleepin' under that tree and the squirrels were always droppin' the nuts on him.:p :mad: :rolleyes:

Well, ya'll have a great strong beginning, and keep yer powder dry.:D ;)

Cowcatcher

Morning all.

ITS TOO EARLY IN THE YEAR FOR ALL THESE SUB 20 DEGREE MORNINGS!!!!!

Maple syrup on corn bread, a couple of strips of bacon and a bucket of coffee to go thanks.

Whew, whats that smell? Mr. Feedwaters cap been eating beans again?

David and Debbie, my thoughts to you.

HopefulAlan

Howdy Hi yourself, Nelson!

Gee it's great to see so many old friends and acquaintances. Thanks, Catcher-of-Bovines, for letting me know where everyone went.

Not exactly morning any more, but if the coffee isn't more than a few hours old I would be happy to have a cup. I see somebody was kind enough to put my mug up on the wall, thanks.

Debbie and David, my prayers are with you.

Papa Smurf, it's been a long, long time - really good to see you again.

Mr. Feedwater, I see nothing has changed except the name. Good to see you again, too. You'd better eat hearty from that stack of 'jacks - it looks like all that raking and shoveling has you down to skin and bones. Remember, that wetsuit doesn't do much good if it just hangs on you!

Phil, mi amigo, I'm glad I found you again. I got your email a couple of weeks ago, but didn't reply as you were out of town, and I thought you were going to write again when you got back. Are you getting any closer to changing your railroad's name to the NIC (Now It's Completed)?

Dave, I'll see you in the Blue Note later on. Thanks, again.

To all the rest of you, it's great to be here with you all.

Happy railroading.

NYCentral

Alan,

Actually I did write you back!! must have gone to e-mail siberia!! In fact I told you about this place in the E-mail. The NYC is slowly getting there. I have spent the last week collecting weeds for trees. I have 3 BIG bags full. I also made some trees but still need to make about 1000 more:eek: .

Good to see you here!!:)