Freight Trains On Tv...

steamhead

Did anybody see the program "Modern Freight Trains" on the History Channel last night..?? Awesome..!! Almost made me want to chuck my ol' steamers and wooden box cars and get some UP SD-dash whatevers....
NOT..!!
Really great..!! A nice crash course on how trains move millions of tons of freight nowadays. Some cool views of El Cajon Pass, the Bailey yard in K.C. and a whole lot more..!!
If you didn't, check your cable schedule..It's sure to come up again soon...

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
i saw that too gus,great program! its a very good learning experience even for men who have been into trains there whole lives.i wonder if anyone uses HO scale EOTD for there layouts?--josh

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I SAW IT!!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Wonder if Deano (UP SD40-2) saw it? He would have loved all the parts of the UP Yard.

I liked that part and the running the train up and down the Cajon Pass cause I live by it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I learned some stuff that I didn't know too!!

ezdays

Out AZ way
I recorded it, but I think it's the same one they played a few months ago. Even so, I'll watch it over again anyway since it was neat the first time.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I recorded it, but I think it's the same one they played a few months ago. Even so, I'll watch it over again anyway since it was neat the first time.

Yup, it was a re-peat, i to remember seeing the first half of it a few months ago. I had to go to sleep cause it was late so im glad they played it again and an earlier time to :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Yup, it was a re-peat, i to remember seeing the first half of it a few months ago. I had to go to sleep cause it was late so im glad they played it again and an earlier time to :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i though young people were supposed to be able to stay up later than us old farts sign1 sign1 --josh

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
anytime there is a train related sho on the history channel,im up till its over!
but i wonder if there is a place to buy HO scale EOTD,i've seen them advertised but i cant remember the manufacturer.--josh

BMRR

Yes, I seen it last night......great show. Awesome UP yard. I also learned some things I didn't know.

Stan.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
lol

there on e-bay, there is a guy that puts them on train cars. Search for FRED under the HO scale catogory

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
sweet! maybe ill buy some of just to make a modern train run on my 50's era future layout as a "train of the future" and have a bunch of steam lovers laughin at it....LOL --josh

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
that would be cool :mrgreen:

everything i do is cool :roll: ....sign1

well,i gotta go hang with the wife now,she is lookin for someone to watch the finalle of heroes with her.ill check in tomorrow morning.good night--josh

HOtrainman

I saw it. thought it was pretty cool. my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw the intermodal yard with the goods from Asia, or Australia- I forget. but, like I said, pretty cool.