"Freight trains" on the History Channel

ezdays

Out AZ way
Check your listings, but Modern Marvels on the History Channel this Wed., Sept 20th will be about the history of the freight train. It's on twice that night and again on Saturday morning. I've got the times for Arizona, but it's bound to be different in other areas. I've already got my DVR set.:thumb:

Just thought you'd want to know.:wave: :wave:

LoudMusic

The local TiVo is currently collecting ALL Modern Marvel episodes ;) Well, those that don't overlap with the wife's list ...

KCS

Well, I should be in a Hotel room by then after I get off work so hopefully I don't miss it. I'm in the CTZ but not sure do to me not knowing where my job will send me first.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Here's the site:
http://www.history.com/schedule.do?action=daily&start=1158796800000&end=1158802200000

And the description (Eastern Time) :)
10:00 PM Modern Marvels: Freight Trains.

They are the life blood of the American Economy, transporting 1.8 billion tons of freight each year, carrying everything from crops, to consumer electronics, cars to chemicals, not to mention coal and just about any other item that you can think of. This program will take you to what is considered the greatest freight transportation system in the world, the Union Pacific's Bailey yard--a pit stop for much of the nation's freight on its journey across the continent. We'll also explore the history of freight transportation from its humble beginnings as tramways in mines to complex system of rails that stretches to every corner of the nation.
TVPG | Visit the website