Freight car of the week pt2

C

Catt

Ok,since no one else is starting I guess I'll do it again.This week I chose to do covered hoppers.I thought I wouls start this week with one for our Canadian friends.

canhop1.jpg

Remember one pic aday and it needs to be your own pic (but then again if you have permission go for it.

cnw1961

I can contribute to this thread, I have a covered hopper .:wave:

Attachments

• np75273.jpg
    np75273.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 199

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Rust all but obscures this covered hopper's NYC origins....

Attachments

• covered.jpg
    covered.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 182

shaygetz

Ahhh...one o' me favorite cars...

Attachments

• hoppera.JPG
    hoppera.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 181
  • hopperb.JPG
    hopperb.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 177

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Awesome start!

Cool covered hoppers. Love ‘em!

Sorry I just had to start off with this one. It is an Athearn RTR.

penncentralpassing_004a.jpg

doctorwayne

Another one of my favourites. This TH&B slab-sided covered hopper (just ignore the boxcar, and those other covered hoppers farther back in the train) is built from a resin kit by Sylvan. The lettering is from C-D-S, and the weathering was done from a photo: the prototype cars were used in phosphate service, and really were this heavily weathered. A little modern for my '30s-era layout, but perfect for the '50s through early '80s.

100_5476.jpg

Wayne

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I got some covered hoppers for this thread. Here is one of them.

Attachments

• sANTA F.jpg
    sANTA F.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 185
C

Catt

This'uns N scale.NARA lease unit leased to the Grand Valley for transporting refined Unobtainium ore.:D

gvrnara2.jpg

Tis a Bachmann (PC) hopper simply relettered for the GVR and NARA.

chessie4155

One of the Hopper Toppers. Used to convert coal hoppers to haul grain when needed.
Mark

Attachments

• HPIM5097.JPG
    HPIM5097.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 179

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Here's a plestic pellet car(Is this considered a covered hopper?) that I custom(Yeah...I know) decaled for a company I worked for. Its not on my roster as I took it to "Take A Train To Work Day". and the owner happened to be walking through the shop and saw it, and bought it from me. I also did another one and a boxcar also.

Attachments

• ppcar.jpg
    ppcar.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 142

doctorwayne

Here's a toofer. The 6832 is by Bowser, with the only modification being the scratchbuilt corner grabs on the roofwalk. The other car is mostly scratchbuilt: the doors are modified Train Miniature parts, the K brake gear is from a Walthers 50' singlesheathed boxcar, and the roof hatches are by Detail Associates. Both cars are painted with Floquil and the custom lettering is from C-D-S.

100_5853.jpg

Wayne

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Here's the other "custom" Custom Bottle car.
I decaled this one differently by angling the logo(Thats how it was suppose to be).

Attachments

• ppcar2.jpg
    ppcar2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 94

Gary Pfeil

Here's a cut of cement hoppers at Ragnar Cement. One day the tracks will be in a street, and the silos will get built! And a close up of Eagle Cememt Company #102

Attachments

• P1010768.jpg
    P1010768.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 96
  • P1010771a.jpg
    P1010771a.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 93