Freelance Freight house

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
This model was done late 1960 using Northeastern Scale Models scribed sheathing, and stripwood. The doublehung window in the office works (even now).

Attachments

• frghthse1.jpg
    frghthse1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 202

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
sumpter250 you sure have a great collection of these wonderful old buildings. I just hope you have a lot more to share with us.

Drew1125

That is a super piece of workmanship, Pete! (& obviously one that has stood the test of time...it's as old as me, & I'm not faring as well...:D )
The railings & bracing are exquisite!

Vic

Glad to see some one besides Errol and I are "digging out" some of our older "work":D A great model and I really enjoy seeing them....Keep 'em comming:D

Sumpter, thats a beautiful model! Your attention to detail is, as always, top notch.

If it's too old for you, I can give it a good home ... :) :) :) .

Errol

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
David,
I simply built the window frame, and shashes the same way as the prototype would have been built. Friction holds the sashes where they are, so no sash weights are needed. Yeah, the window is slightly thicker than scale.

Errol,
Aside from my new modules, there isn't any better place I could think of for that building than the home you could provide. There's only two small problems; As old as the building is, it wouldn't survive shipping, and would have to be hand carried. And. There is already a home site for it on the new module set.
Best I can do right now, is go pour a glass of scotch, and drink to your health.
Pete