Free Truck

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by jrts, Jun 19, 2004.

1. jrts

jrts Active Member

:D

Hi all

Just downloaded the new model from,

www.lhvcc.com-egiftshop These mo...one is great and they are big models to build
  2. bwallaw

bwallaw Member

Thanks jrts- That's a good link. :D :D I haven't visited that site in a long time. The semi and loader are pretty amazing looking. Are you planning to build it? I'd like to see how it puts together. You'll have to do some painting, I imagine.

I also noticed that there are models of the Viper & Cylon Raider from the old Battlestar Galactica show 8) . I LOVED that show when I was a kid.

More to add to my todo list!
  3. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Bill

I have built the digger and lowloader, check out my album there is a photo of the digger on the loader. The truck that comes with the lowloader is on my desk now, but I only build it when I need a brake from Yamato.
    The photo is of the truck that comes with the other two!
    All the bits fit together well, you just need to follow the photos and keep the file on your computor so you can enlarge them to see.
    I will get round to finishing it soon then do the other. As for colour I did them without so my kids could paint them.
    If you need any help just ask

Regards

Rob
  4. bwallaw

bwallaw Member

Those are pretty huge models!

I enjoyed your gallery. A lot of variety there. If I get to the loader (that's the one that interests me most) I might come back to you with some questions. Do you think it is easily scaled down at all?

Thanks.
  5. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Bill

The lowloader is not hard to build, the thing that takes the time is all the wheels.
    As for scaling it down I have not tried this as I like big models, it gives a better chance of being able to make everything work on the model. All the jib, cylinders and rotating gear on the digger work but the otherf models are static. I'am going to build the loader again and try to get everything working on it.

I will have a go at scaling it down tonight when I come in from work.

Regards

Rob
  6. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Bill

Had a go at resizing the truck. The file is locked so you would need to print and then scan it into paint shop or another program. Then it's just a straight case of tweeking it to the size you want. I only tried this with one sheet as I like the model at the size it's in.

Hope this helps

Regards

Rob
  7. bwallaw

bwallaw Member

That's great Rob. Thanks for trying it out. I can try calculating to the desired scale and change my print settings to "match" the scale I'm looking for. I was just curious about the detail. I'll give it a good look over here some day soon.