Free Stuff

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
I was searching for free download brick to print and make brick paper. Never found it. I gave up early because I figured I could make my own fairly easily. I did find a bunch of other free or nearly free stuff:

A DOS Program that does something for you that I didn't take the time to figure out. Keeps track of trains? Inventory? Something. Runs off floppies or HD which is cool, because that means I can run it off my Linux laptop after booting from a DOS floppy, or just run it in dosemu under Linux. This should run on about any IBM compatible.

Fiddlers Green has free printable paper bulding models. I printed some out on photo paper last spring and was amazed how nice they looked. You could actually use some of these towards the back of a layout and get away with it. Mulitple scales.

The All Gauge Page has free downloadable interiors and buldings and stuff that I downloaded a long time ago and forgot about. As I recall, it's slooooow on dial up and it takes forever for the Free Paper Kit Downloads section to come up at the bottom of the page. You should let the whole page load up or go straight to these links: Towns and Villages] Downloadable Stations, Depots and Lineside Buildings Interiors Billboards and Signs. There are more, but I linked the ones I found most interesting.

Paper Paradice looks a lot like fiddlers green.

Free Paper Chitown Buildings

Enjoy!

:D :D :D

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Thanks for the link Vic, it'll be interesting to see how those3 look shrunk and printed. I pulled some down last night after doing a couple of hours of Kadee-ing. I knew I'd had enough when I mounted one upside down and dropped a scalpel on my foot (yes I was in flip-flops and yes it landed blade down and yes I still have all my toes):mad: So, I came in for meds and sleep :D