free stuff

13Mtrainer

Aug 21, 2004
central pa
:eek: hi everbody. i am 13 years old and i need some free stuff if any one has any for the HO scale I would greatly thank you i will pay for the shipping.:(

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
13M,

Uhh... I don't want to be rude, but don't go posting stuff like this. I'm not trying to be mean or be the bad guy, just give some advice from a fellow young model railroader.

1.) This is a track planning forum, not dealing with any "stuff" (i.e. locos, rolling stock)

2.) HO stuff is very expensive. Most people can't afford to just give it away. You won't believe how much I've been saving only to purchase a $120 dollar sound system...

3.) Check out a local Model Railroad Club, maybe if you befriend a couple of people there, there might be some opportunities. ;) Let people get to know you. For example, I met a great guy, and since he has no relatives around, he occasionaly gives me something once in a while. (And I'm very appreciative. It takes a really nice guy to do that...)

4.) Good luck in the hobby! It's great to see someone else in the teen years around here!

Once again, didn't want to be rude or anything. Just wanted to help. See you around!

Yours Truly,

Devon :D

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
How much space do you have? In the other thread you have going we are looking a a 4' x 8'. To my knowledge there is no way to do a multideck layout if it isn't a shelf type that pretty much fills a room. You also need space on one corner somewhere for a helix to get from the lower level to the upper level, or you need an around the walls grade to get you up from the lower level to the upper. The local hobby shop that I use had a 5' x 10' display layout a few years ago that had a hidden staging yard underneath, but they needed a 4 1/2% grade to get up or down. The result was that they needed to use more power units than would be expected to get a train up the grade, and they looked funny going down. I think that that 5' x 10' would be the absolute minimum size for multiple decks.