free SR-71

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Dragos, May 5, 2007.

1. paul a

paul a Member

i tried to build this model today. the tube is very difficult in part one. tried to build it as one piece like in the sr71 that did not work.the slots came out all askew.going to rescan and try again.very challenging model.
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

The designer haven't replied yet, seems like he's abandoned the email as well... I agree those slots are not easy, also I think the wings need some further reinforcements.
  3. paul a

paul a Member

did you ever build this if so please help me figure this one out.and please pm me the designer name so i can get in touch with him paul
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

5. paul a

paul a Member

thanks but as you said it,s a dead sight.i,ll give him a few things about the rc stuff he wants to know about.maybe that will wake him up.
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

The author did reply after all! Hope it is alright to post the reply here:

Hi,
    Thanks for your interest. Answering to your questions:
    1) The SR-71 model is not my design, but was made by a Korean friend, called Min-soo Jong.
    2) Of course, you have permission to repaint the model, but I would ask you to make it available in the internet for free, giving credit to the original designer, Jong. I would be happy to host your painted version, in case you don't have your own webpage. In any case, I would like to see it :)
    3) Yes, there are no updates since 2005. Many changes in my life and professional career... I have other hobbies too.
    Good luck!
    --
    DAVID
    Paper Modelling Website: http://www.freehomepages.com/dasitor/
    E-Mail Address: dasitor@hotmail.com
  7. paul a

paul a Member

glad to hear he got back to you.