Free N and HO scale ruler

Grantha

Apr 8, 2004
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Found this link on the net the other day and there is a Free N and HO scale ruler link near the bottom of the page. I've printed out several and they are quite accurate. To strengthen mine I've laminated them with packing tape.Free Ruler Here
BTW: I have no affiliation with Fiddlers Green.

nobusan

Dec 31, 2004
Louisiana
members.aol.com
I downloaded the free ruler and measured it with my General stainless steel Model Railroad Reference Rule and the ruler by Fiddler Green is not exact. It is larger than the real scale ruler. Unless you reduced the PDF file a few percentage. Just thought I would mention this before somebody messed up a building.:confused:

nobusan

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I prefer to use my trusty stainless steel N scale ruler rather than trust something I download and print as I am sure different software and printers could give varying results.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Matthyro said:
I prefer to use my trusty stainless steel N scale ruler rather than trust something I download and print as I am sure different software and printers could give varying results.
Got a really cheap aluminum ruler when Model Expo was getting out of the train business, and I can see why it was cheap. Overall it is off by about one scale foot in 80 and the lines are much thicker than the stainless one I was measuring against. I also have a plastic one that is just N scale, and it measures well against the stainless one, but I like it better 'cause it is transparent ang goes to 160'. :thumb: :thumb:

FrankG

Nov 19, 2004
There's actually a pretty nice set of rulers (HO and N) available at www.railroady.com. Just go to the download section. Glued to plastic or cardboard and then laminated, these aren't too bad.

sams

Dec 17, 2004
printing it to scale shouldn't be a problem...
its a pdf file...
and if the print drivers and all are o.k.
it should print to the right size.
i'm gonna try it as soon as the network is up and going again
(reformatting one of the comp's)

frank,
i don't see a link to a "downloads"
theres a "free ho scale ruler" picture in the corner...but no link

Mike P

Jan 10, 2005
Murrysville, PA
An inch By any other name would be but as long

:)
Matthyro said:
The real thing is that one uses the same measurement, any amount it might be off by printing it does not matter as alon as you use the same scale, so it really does not matter, just be consistant.:wave: