free models

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by histbuff1190, Mar 23, 2006.

1. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

hey everybody.... ive just finished the basic version of the Etrich Taube ive been workin on. there are still a few details left but it is still an enjoyable hour long build nonetheless. i am also ALMOST finished redesigning my Bristol F2b and Nieuport 17. the Fokker Eindecker is ready along with a guillotine model (was for crazed teacher at my school, yeah bonus!) and also my Demoiselle No. 20 is ready. histbuff1190@yahoo.com if anyone is interested. on a side note, paint.NET rocks! :-D
  2. bigtom

bigtom Member

Good to see you again. I'm going to post some pictures very soon of a Beta Build SR-71. It's 4 feet long and uses a bladder for power....

Keep On Flying Your Creations!

Tom
  3. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

wow. ooh! have u ever tried anything with bottle rockets? when building the model.... put in two plastic straws (one inside the other, so that the bottle rocket will fit inside).wrap the straw in duct tape (including end) and when the model is done rip the stick off the rocket and stick in 'jet propulsion' :-D also... for prop craft go to nearest 'arbies' and get a few of their straws (as they are the largest). u can then run a rubber band through it and put a propellor on one end :)
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Shoot potatoes! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  5. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

A potato gun! I tremor at the idea...hehe
  6. Darwin

Darwin Member

Ash, don't laugh at the power of the airborne tuber....my grandson put a hole in the side of his father's lawndshed with just such a contraption. However....does anyone have an old Jetex 50 laying around? I'll bet a paper skyray with fizzpower would be awesome!
  7. Darwin

Darwin Member

Ash, don't laugh at the power of the airborne tuber....my grandson put a hole in the side of his father's lawndshed with just such a contraption. However....does anyone have an old Jetex 50 laying around? I'll bet a paper skyray with fizzpower would be awesome!
  8. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

yeah spud guns!!!! also along the lines of flying food... pumpkin chuckin. im not up to that level but ive made a nasty tomato firing trebuchet as a prototype :-D
  9. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

btw... if anyone has particular request send me 3 views and or blueprints. and when ive got the time i might just get to them ;-)
  10. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

the Bristol F.2b is ready!!!! :-D all right... this is the FIRST plane ive designed to have a few instructions and the begginings of a cockpit! unfortunately it is two pages and doesnt fly... yet. on a side note... im stuck on dial up... which means it takes a while to load ANYTHING. so id REALLY appreciate your model requests being for 1 or 2 models (be specific!) at a time (not 'gimme whatever u have'). im hoping to have the Nieuport finished over the weekend as well as a cockpit for the taube.
  11. Wily

Wily Member

Ok.

A Fokker D8.

Or, a Curtiss P-6 Hawk.
  12. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

I'm having trouble visualizing what your working on. have any pics?

I can host some links for you if you need webspace:

jleslie48@yahoo.com

http://lhvcc.com/egiftshop
  13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thank you!

Hey Jeff (histbuff1190),
    I just wanted to thank you again for the models. I had no idea you were on dial up.
    That means you went the extra mile for me, and I just wanted you to know that it is greatly appreciated.:yep:
    My grand daughter is coming to spend spring vacation with me and the missus and she loves doing crafts.
    I plan on using this time to introduce her to the world of paper modeling with your plans, especially the flying ones!
    Anyway, Thanks a heap for everything! :)
    Russell
  14. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

alright... i THINK i got everything sent out to those who requested it.... im double checkin it now. if u requested a model and didnt get it, please just send another email (this weekend has proved to b a bit busier than expected so i apologize if ive misplaced/forgotten any requests). as for the offer on webspace... at the moment i am going to try to set it up on either my geocites site or my myspace (failing to do either of those ill b taking u up on that offer jleslie48). wily, ill need for u to send me either blueprints or 3 views of them (preferably blueprints, the more detailed the better).
  15. histbuff1190

histbuff1190 Member

ok... i apologize :( all my work on the Bristol F.2b has become void. apparently the program i used did not save it properly, and i am now left only with older copies of the model (basically minus new struts, cockpit, improved machine gun, reworked cowling......)