[Free Model #3]- Vagyr Flagship

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Soaring, Jun 5, 2008.

1. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

well the great thing about the HW models are that all are available in pdo format, so you can interact with the finished product.

Keep it up, when i get a new printer ill have to do this one too.
  2. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Whew, thank you guys! I got some more updates for today, I'll be finishing pages 7/14 today, I'll post more progress in an hour, so stick aorund!
  3. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Alright, 4/14 finished! YAY! Now for page 5,6, and 7 for today. More updates following the hour!

-Just want to say, this model is supposedly 40 something inches(WHoa, typo, I meant 40 centimeters). Shown by more horrible pictures, the model is so far 29 cm, I'm at halfway point now, whoo!

-As for the pictures, sorry, I don't have a lamp for any photography, I'll make sure to get pictures tomorrow or so.

-As for the model, this is great! The pieces fit perfectly, but sometimes need a push or tweezer here and there :)

Attached Files:

4. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Just a note that occured to me on the build which scared me. 2 parts, which aren't in order, (See page 8 of the Vagyr Flagship pdo.) are to be placed as ,supporters or sections I guess. They also prove vital if you like tabs. On page 8 there's a white, completely white piece, use that for the back of the head, as seen in picture 1-2. It fits perfectly, and proves to be very very useful...

Attached Files:

5. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Another little supporter is shown on page 8 of the Vagyr pdo. It has alot of score marks near the bottom, and is vital to armoring the skirts nearing the end of your model.

Picture 1 shows the piece.
    Picture 2 shows it before being placed.
    Picture 3 shows the piece placed.

This should be placed a little past halfway point, on the bottom, after that yellowish container.

Attached Files:

6. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Woot! I'm halfway done with the entire model! :) So I though I'd better add this white background and try, but fail, in photography.

So whadya guys think so far?

I'd say this model is still fantastic, and even though I haven't finished, I'll have to say,

This model is a blast from beginning to ...-

After this model, I'll be starting a Front Mission build thread for zenith, Blizzia L and Numsekar (Just something to watch out for!)

Attached Files:

7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Neat build and the textures makes it look awesome!
  8. astrospud

astrospud Member

Yep, a real impressive model there, Soaring. Keep us posted as usual :)
  9. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Thanks guys!

Will do Astrospud, I'll finish up those side armor tomorrow and finish up the model to get started on other projects O.O
  10. astrospud

astrospud Member

How goes the Flagship, Soaring? Any additions made since your last post?
  11. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Yup, I have little progress, I can post it, but I'd like to get half of the engine done before posting anything. Thanks for keeping me on track!
  12. Soaring

Soaring Guest

3 more pieces to go, I'll post some finishing pictures this afternoon, Hope everyone finishes!
  13. Soaring

Soaring Guest

I'm guessing 2 hours left, and only one more piece to go! Hope I finish :)

I think I actually might finish something for a change :)

Eww...My bridge got wet, I gotta reprint :eek: Don't worry, pictures that are just a tad better will come with the final build :)

Attached Files:

14. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

I guess your Halo is sticking around for the build? Keep up the good work. I may actually get to this model in the coming months.
  15. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Yeah, I'm going to have the Ship go through the ring for a finale picture :)
  16. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

I guess someones gonna have to consider a Balcora model ;-)
  17. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Finished! After really 2 weeks of work, probably a month due to all the lack of productivity, the Vagyr Flagship is done!

I'd like to say Thanks to Toddlea for starting this contest, and all those who were generous enough to add some of their own prizes into the lot. It was a great contest, one heck of an experience, and I can't wait to enter the next one :thumb:

As for the Flagship, like I said before, this ship is a blast from the beginning to end. It's great to display after it's built, and it goes, "Woosh". If you build this model, you'll have an absolute fantastic time.

-By the way, when viewing the following pictures, make sure to apply the "Wooshing" Sound, epsecially when the ship goes through Halo.
    Until next time :wave:

-

Attached Files:

18. Soaring

Soaring Guest

I played around with the Finale pictures, but hey, I just had to :)
    The last one is a Human hand for scale.

Warning: If you can't take low lighted, or Brightened pictures, do not keep viewing, iif you can take it, by all means, keep going! But remember, the Woosh sound!

Attached Files:

19. astrospud

astrospud Member

What an awesome job! Thanks for sharing with us, Soaring :).
    I have definitely gotta have a go at this. Will probably take twice as long as yourself, too!
  20. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Congratulations Soaring! The final model looks great!

Good luck in comp!