Well, I gave up on quick fixes and just used the jigs to get the wires cut to the right size with a cut-wheel in a Dremel and then used my aligator clip extra hands and the torch and then filed down the excess solder. Luckily since it seemed to take about 3 hours for each of six rails, I didn't finish them all before I test fit them. Surprise, surprise - the templates were slightly too big. Actually, a lot too big for the end rails. :curse: wall1 At this point, I gave up for a couple of days and bought some sod, mulch and fencing and worked in my yard. Finally got everything taken apart, recut and put back together. It was a beautiful hot sunny day yesterday and got 'em painted.