Free Cessna 172 ‘Skyhawk’ 1 :24

Bob43

Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member
My interest in, and attachment to, the Cessna began in the 70’s, when I was employed for 6 years in the mining industry in South West Africa /Namibia. My good friend Courtney owned one half of a Cessna, and on a number of occasions I was able to look down with amazement on ‘miles and miles of Africa’. On one occasion, we visited the Etosha Game Reserve –wonderful views of elephant from 100 feet altitude, permissible for Courtney as he often helped the game wardens doing their thing (counting animals or something). As we were not allowed to walk freely in the bush (too many lion, and the airstrip was a mile from the camp Namutoni), Courtney ‘drove’ the Cessna along the dirt road, to the amazement of the earth-bound vehicles. And so many other experiences.
So here is the Cessna 172, I must state, a MODIFICATION of the excellent (in fact the best I have seen) Cessna originally available on www.tehhniska-zalozba.sl , a site which unfortunately no longer exists. I felt the modification was necessary as there were a number of errors in the otherwise excellent model: rear window too large, dihedral of wing false etc. etc. The livery I also changed. A good American friend of mine asked whether I could use the livery of the USAF’s Civil Air Patrol with which he was linked, and I duly acquiesced.
The model is as usual available on my web site www.bobscardmodels.net76.net .

__

Z

Zathros

Wow, I still have that old Cessna model, it was nice but did need some work. Yours looks great! I have some hours in these things, more of a Piper Warrior kind of guy (Hint Hint) but these are great for observation and have two doors!! :)

PHOTO1_cessna.jpg

Z

Zathros

Warren, this model isn't easy, but it's not that "hard" either. It just takes patience. I highly recommend it. Bob's has a lot of his models on his website, he is a pillar of this community. If you see a model, and you even think remotely that you would like to build it, download it, and store it. Models have a way of disappearing off of the internet! :)

Bob43

Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member
Thanks for your positive comments - but negative ones are also very useful! I've got a sudden burn-out with planes, so I am doing a couple of Eurocopter helis as I can't find any decent ones around. Quite a different ifferent technique, I have seen during the dissecting of heli models - lots of rounded glass and fuselage. Firstly, the EC 145, then the AugustaWestland AS350B3.