Fortezza Shuttle Question & Answer

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by rlwhitt, Oct 23, 2006.

1. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Hi all,

I'm going to be starting this shuttle soon and have been looking over the instructions and parts. I anticipate questions about this will number more than one, so I'm starting a thread. ;)

First off, on sheet 1, there are 2 part numbers not mentioned in the instructions. 1-5 and 1-6.

1-6 seems an obvious fit to go behind the middle window on each side, thus providing some assembly tabs. My question on that one is I'm wondering why it's colored? Are you supposed to cut out the blue window part on 1-1 to provide some 3-D depth down to 1-6? I think that might look a bit odd, as the others don't do that.

1-5 looks to be pointing to the back edge of 1-1, but there is no place in the instructions that would indicate this, and if you put it there it looks like it would be in the way of joining with part 1-19/1-20.

So, what say the experts?

I can tell already that this is going to be a lot of fun! :grin:

Rick
  2. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Hi all,

I'm going to be starting this shuttle soon and have been looking over the instructions and parts. I anticipate questions about this will number more than one, so I'm starting a thread. ;)

First off, on sheet 1, there are 2 part numbers not mentioned in the instructions. 1-5 and 1-6.

1-6 seems an obvious fit to go behind the middle window on each side, thus providing some assembly tabs. My question on that one is I'm wondering why it's colored? Are you supposed to cut out the blue window part on 1-1 to provide some 3-D depth down to 1-6? I think that might look a bit odd, as the others don't do that.

1-5 looks to be pointing to the back edge of 1-1, but there is no place in the instructions that would indicate this, and if you put it there it looks like it would be in the way of joining with part 1-19/1-20.

So, what say the experts?

I can tell already that this is going to be a lot of fun! :grin:

Rick