For Tyson,

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi again Tyson,

Being in my opinion one of the best ballast layers I ever seen I have a question for you. The other day I did some ballast work using white glue and water mix. 50\50. In a nasty place under a bridge I got to high with my ballast causing derailments. Is there any way I can fix that without tearing up the track? I tried carefully trying to chip it away but getting nowhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I been running on that track for over a year and its been trouble free. Ron :eek: :eek:

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Wyomingite, If it's not the waterproof version of white glue, I've had success in softening the glue by simply saturating the defective area with luke warm water.
Have patience and give it time to soften, it will happen :) .

Errol

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Ron if we are talking a small area (1-3 inches long) fill a eye dropper with warm water and apply to the area (you want it wet but not flooded) and let sit for a few minutes then you should be able to pick out the offending pieces. If it's a larger area you might want to use a spray bottle to apply the water to save time. Hope this helps! :)

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Tyson Errol

Thanks a million guys and it was just under the bridge. I had it cleaned up and was running in thirty minutes and what a relief. I just knew I be tearing out track and bridge. I was using the Elmers white glue and it did'nt take long to soften it up. Well thanks to you guys I'm going back out to the shop turn down the lights and run some trains. Sure can't thank you enough.

Ron :D :D :D :D