For the Narrow Gauge Buffs

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
I thought I was a reasonable photographer.... but...... This pic was taken by my wife at the goods depot in Silverton CO.

This inside frame beast complete with beartrap spark arrestor depicts everything I love about the Rockies and it's narrow gauge lines.

I was out of view on the right of the pic with a 2 1/4" sqr camera and I got a terrible shot, no, I'm not going to post mine :D .

If any of you go to Silverton, ask permission from Sonia if you want to stand on "her" steps of the depot before you set foot on them! :) . She won't let me live this photo down :( . :D :D

Errol

Attachments

• silverton.jpg
    silverton.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 82

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Errol, We who are "narrow minded" are just going to have to start coming thru with more pictures!:) Great shot that the wife made.

Here's the same loco by Sunset ( sorry its not painted yet) minus all of the "tourist trapping":D

Attachments

• loco.jpg
    loco.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 78

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
The Narrow Gauge Scene

Vic, That's a lovely loco you got there. There's a charm about those inside frame beasties that just warms my heart. But Sir, you forgot the beartrap !!!! :D

Today was a beautiful sunny day so I took my diorama outside and made a couple of photos. The prototype of this loco is sitting in the park in Idaho Springs 30 miles west of Denver on the I70 freeway. It's just to show those who don't know what a beartrap is ... :)

Pete, you are correct, brass locos should be painted!!! ... but I don't have the courage to attempt the task. Besides, Sonia would leave me if I were to practice on her brass C21 !!!!!:( .

Errol

Attachments

• composite brass.jpg
    composite brass.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 58

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Errol, My that is a great diaroma. Please let us see more of it:)

Yep Pete is right...they are just "begging to be painted":D

By the way....the tunnel on your diaroma...is that Mud Hill??? Looks just like it:)