For Shamus

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Shamus- Since I purchased a structure building book from you, I've been busy building a couple. The first one I built is an odd, triangular shaped warehouse. I thought I'de name it after you! I hope you don't mind!!:rolleyes: :D :D ;)
Sorry if this pic isn't the best quality, but I just figured out that if I put an entire building in my scanner, I can get an image to send!
:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Attachments

• photo (1) copy (2).jpg
    photo (1) copy (2).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 169

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Matt,
That building ! I built a model of that, 44 years ago ! It was a construction article by Joe Wilhelm in the January 1958 Model Trains magazine. The neat features are the wedge shape, and the brick second story over a wood sided lower story.
Needless to say, my model doesn't exist any longer, time, moving, and available space all contributed to its demise.
Nice model ! Thanks for the memory.
Pete

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
You're right Pete! Small world isn't it!! Those were the same plans all right...Joe Wilhelm the author. I decided to make mine all wood ,though, since that was the material I had on hand....
My wife and I really enjoyed seeing your old model!!

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Matt,
Thought you might like to see that shot.
Vic,
The crane is one of the early versions of the 70 ton mobile crane, that Walthers recently re-released. The "gizmo" was the power truck from an FM switcher (Hobbytown, or Hobbyline, I can't remember) that quit running. I never did figure out why, and the loco disappeared years ago.
Pete

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Steve--Thanks!!
Billk--My family is wondering what is wrong with me since I nearly fell out of my chair laughing!!!:D :p :) :D
I was just going to reply: "a Leviathon" when your post popped up...I never would have thought you could actually scan a 3-d object, until I tried it on the thread "dirty boxcars".
Does anyone know if that is any way hard on a scanner? The lid has to remain propped open allowing outside light in..

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Matt, nice thought using my name for a structure, looks very nice indeed.

Shamus

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Scanner

Originally posted by Matt Probst
Steve--Thanks!!
Billk--My family is wondering what is wrong with me since I nearly fell out of my chair laughing!!!:D :p :) :D
I was just going to reply: "a Leviathon" when your post popped up...I never would have thought you could actually scan a 3-d object, until I tried it on the thread "dirty boxcars".
Does anyone know if that is any way hard on a scanner? The lid has to remain propped open allowing outside light in..

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

I don't think that it harms the scanner as long as you don't force the lid.

You may be at risk of scratching the scanner bed. So you might want to put a piece of plexiglass/lexan over the scannerbed to protect it.

Another tip is to put a towel or soft cloth over the model to block out any light .