for Lighthorseman

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Talk about luck. Less than four hours after UPS announced their image change at a press conference in Atlanta, I caught two freshly painted 48-footers on film, complete with new logo, slogan and color (Rock Island's leg of the "Golden Comet", passing through Tucumcari NM).

upsnewlogo.jpg

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Lighthorsman I did post a pic like this for you:D some other thread.
I thought of you when I first saw it;)

Do you or rockislandmike know of the longest trestel bridge near Edmonton??
You do:D :D :D :rolleyes: Can you post a pic in "all sorts of bridges" please.
We would be ever greatful:D

Attachments

• p3040064.jpg
    p3040064.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 111

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Me too please!

Originally posted by interurben
Do you or rockislandmike know of the longest trestel bridge near Edmonton??
You do:D :D :D :rolleyes: Can you post a pic in "all sorts of bridges" please.
We would be ever greatful:D

Yes Please...

I've been looking for pictures of the "High Level" 109th street bridge in Edmonton too.... Especially with the waterfall going...

I lived with my brother on the Strathcona (South) side of Edmonton for a few months back in '86. Only a couple of blocks from the bridge.

He's moved to Lotus Land (Vancouver), and I'm back in T.O.. Shoulda taken those pictures myself, but I was young and foolish.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Tin, don't have any pics of the waterfall. If you want those, it'll have to wait until after Canada Day (the next time it's turned on I think), but if you want pics of it without, just let me know. I live like five minutes from it.

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
109th street bridge...

Originally posted by rockislandmike
Tin, don't have any pics of the waterfall. If you want those, it'll have to wait until after Canada Day (the next time it's turned on I think), but if you want pics of it without, just let me know. I live like five minutes from it.

Thanks Mike,

I was on 107th Ave at the corner of 108th St. A nice walk to the University in good weather. Worked at a school aged daycare on 104th or 103rd (can't remember exactly.) next to a school. Everything was in walking distance. Lunch at A&W at the West Gate Mall...

There are a couple of us looking for pictures of the High Level Bridge. It's a Through Girder Bridge if my terminology is correct.

Post the pictures in the All Sorts of Bridges Thread....

You can get some clear shots of the bridge from different angles now, before the trees get leafy. (That gives you until almost the end of May...) And some more pictures this summer when the Waterfall is turned on... I would imagine that the Waterfall would get turned on for Victoria (May 24) Day.

Spring in Edmonton is beautiful, but it doesn't last long...